Clio 4 RS - 244bhp & 320nm!!!!

Well, my pride and joy returned from the Superchips development team, was with them for a total of 3 days.

So, and after a 2.5 hour drive back from Superchips to Bournemouth and a further 2.5 hours of driving, I can confirm the following;

• 244BHP
  • 320nm
  • Bluefin device will allow me to switch back to standard and even fully immobilise the car for when I need to leave it for long periods of time
  • 5% improvement in fuel consumption (from my brim to brim calculations over a total of 5 hours of driving with the map on)
  • Significant improvement in 'in gear' pull, pretty much from any speed/gear
  • Car sem to drive smoother through the gears and whilst it wasn't exactly slow, doesn't struggle at all now, guess thats down to the extra torque!
  • Sport and race mode now doubly addictive!

I will post up the graphs from their rolling road over the next day or so and will keep you posted on how the car runs over the forthcoming weeks.

In a word though, WOW!!:driveby:

Totally agree, car should've had these numbers to start with.

Standard numbers came in at 205bhp and 249nm before remap so not too shabby and in line with both pre and post numbers that the likes of KTEC have managed.

Apparently Renault Sport have done something to the gearbox to enable higher torque numbers although have held back in view of trying to achieve better mpg, supporting the argument of going after a different target audience I suppose?

Nice figures, would love to see the comparison between stock and yours in the flesh!

Fingers crossed it all stays well :smile:

Great figures mate:wink:

Wow, now the Clios are actually producing more power than stated as opposed to the MK3 ones lol

Yes, its funny how a Renault made a point of saying that the power output was staying the same as the mk3..... Clearly they were lying again

Can't trust the French, too true, although on this occasion, I'll let them off,..:biggrin:

You ave to take rolling road numbers normally with a pinch of salt, however my car before last had 300 bhp and 430flbt (near 590nm), it weighed in at a hefty 1.8t though so power to weight on both was 166bhp/ton and 238flbt/ton and I have to say the clio at 204bhp/ton and 197flbt/ton feels every bit as quick,...

Great numbers from a simple remap, the switching to standard and complete immobilisation are handy features too. :thumbsup:

Interesting comment from Superchips;
It is always good to hear positive feedback from an owner rather than one of our dealers. The car is making very good power considering how little boost pressure it is running by comparison to similar size & performance vehicles. Your Clio makes more power and the same torque as the current Fiesta ST (mapped) but with about 2-3psi less boost.

Brilliant results!

an 'in-car' footage recording would be good, just to see how sharp it is through the gears

post them findings on STOC

will be like a giant '**** you' hand grenade - kabooom!

fair play mato you mate. lets see how the long term test goes

result!

Cheers Ashton, like your thinking!

Just goes to show that RS have held back a bit and the car, plus engine are indeed capable of so much more!

As for in car footage Gez, will do that when I can get someone to come with me because with all that power, I want both hands on the steering wheel :blush:hmy: