Clio 4 RS - 244bhp & 320nm!!!!

i wonder how much the full exhaust system will help this as SS are claiming 10bhp and 25nm

so 250+ looks possible and 345nm

looks like the ESP is gonna be working overtime in the wet

i just hope that its a progressive power delivery

i wonder how much the full exhaust system will help this as SS are claiming 10bhp and 25nm

so 250+ looks possible and 345nm

looks like the ESP is gonna be working overtime in the wet

i just hope that its a progressive power delivery

It is indeed a very nice progressive power deliver although in race mode it turns in to an absolute speed demon, very quick.

Totally agree re ESP in the wet, think I'm going to need to get used to the whole power deliver again to manage that more effectively.

Also, SC think this car could do more on standard exhaust although I wanted it to be in line with the standard power curve as I like the way it drove, however with a spoonful more of power.

good result!

just shows what can be done if you don't have to meet emission standards :coffee:

Aren't the gearboxes rated to only 280nm as a maximum load? Fingers crossed they've built some leeway in for you.

Great figures though! I bet it flies!

Anyone know why the Renault engines struggles to produce torque?

With 244bhp yours produces 234lbsft...my ST with only 203bhp makes 225lbsft! With the MP215 upgrade they knock out something like 240lbsft...but with only 215bhp.

I'm sure the 208GTi is similar...it seems odd that Renault either can't or won't allow the extra torque.

:001_unsure:

Aren't the gearboxes rated to only 280nm as a maximum load? Fingers crossed they've built some leeway in for you.

Great figures though! I bet it flies!

Anyone know why the Renault engines struggles to produce torque?

With 244bhp yours produces 234lbsft...my ST with only 203bhp makes 225lbsft! With the MP215 upgrade they knock out something like 240lbsft...but with only 215bhp.

I'm sure the 208GTi is similar...it seems odd that Renault either can't or won't allow the extra torque.

:001_unsure:

The Getrag box is rated at 280nm, however Renault sport have fortified it somehow to allow more although still only rate it out of factory at 240nm, mostly done for reduced emissions and increased mpg.

KTEC are running 266flbt in their RS EDC and the car is still going strong, they can produce the torque if tweaked right :blink:

I had the same on my Golf ED30 dsg box, torque was turned down by VW, however the box ran much higher torque for many years after I had it mapped without issue.

I'd take 244bhp over the ST's 215 and with launch control a 220 bhp Clio RS EDC recently ran a 13.8 to 100mph, a second or so quicker than an ST with the Mount tune pack.

Superchips did say that the Clios boost was much lower than the ST's and 208's, maybe Renault are trying to appeal to a different market, not sure, however I can concur that the car truly flies now and still returns over 40mpg!!!

I'd love to truly test the 0-60 & 0-100 plus 1/4 mile time of mine now, in the dry of course,...

For me I wanted to get the torque over 180flbt per ton and power up to 200 per ton, this has delivered more than that so the car in every day driving conditions is just prefect.

I'm sure they'll be 208's, ST's and even other RS's churning out more, however for me, this hits the spot and gives me the power and rush when I want it.

Markcup, I think the Fiesta ST is a great car, great package and price and drive, I kinda of needed the 5 doors and auto box so pleased Renault went the way they did.

I'd love to truly test the 0-60 & 0-100 plus 1/4 mile time of mine now, in the dry of course,...

For me I wanted to get the torque over 180flbt per ton and power up to 200 per ton, this has delivered more than that so the car in every day driving conditions is just prefect.

I'm sure they'll be 208's, ST's and even other RS's churning out more, however for me, this hits the spot and gives me the power and rush when I want it.

Markcup, I think the Fiesta ST is a great car, great package and price and drive, I kinda of needed the 5 doors and auto box so pleased Renault went the way they did.

Don't get me wrong, I came with an inch of buying one but I couldn't ignore what the press were saying about the ST and the manual box at the end was a clincher.

I've invested far too much time in learning H&T changes to give up something that, to me, is integral to driving!

On my commute the power it has (and will have after its MP215 treatment) is more than I can ever use, and on track the handling is sublime.

Part of me still secretly hankers after one though...The ride in the ST on rough country roads can be pretty choppy!

Have they increased the boost or has it all been done on timing and fuel?

I believe boost has been adjusted, albeit not by massive margins, I think they were surprised at how low boost was set on standard, making them think Renault has every intention of releasing a more extreme model??

Don't get me wrong, I came with an inch of buying one but I couldn't ignore what the press were saying about the ST and the manual box at the end was a clincher.

I've invested far too much time in learning H&T changes to give up something that, to me, is integral to driving!

On my commute the power it has (and will have after its MP215 treatment) is more than I can ever use, and on track the handling is sublime.

Part of me still secretly hankers after one though...The ride in the ST on rough country roads can be pretty choppy!

After over 20 years of driving, I've learned to ignore the press after buying far too many of the cars they've recommended only to find they've been no where near as good in the metal. Too many of the press crowd are in the pockets of manufacturers anyway and most had made their mind up about the RS before they'd driven it and because of the gearbox. As cars are a very personal purchase, I truly believe you should just drive the cars yourself and make the decision yourself.

The ST though is a great drivers car and is priced just right, however 5 doors and an auto are a must for me.

The Clio to me has just the right blend of capability through it's chassis to excite while being a very usable daily driver.

In the right hands on a track, both these cars would no doubt be pretty much next and neck on times so it then comes down to personal preference.

244bhp and near 240flbt is way more than I truly need and trust me, the car handles extremely well and in race mode turns into something else, without the choppiness which is a bonus.

I believe boost has been adjusted, albeit not by massive margins, I think they were surprised at how low boost was set on standard, making them think Renault has every intention of releasing a more extreme model??

What sort of boost is it running? Do you have a gauge to see how the boost is used? Ie half boost till sat 4k or anything like that?