Clio Meg RS320bhp conversion (update Meg Rad)

Radiator has been rubbings, so fitting new rad and moving forward by 10mm.Very, very strange thing, Rad fan is the wrong way round!!!. In all my 61 years with cars, I have never come across this before!.We will prevail, we will win in the end. (Maybe?.)

Reactions: Sean197
I know..thought about it too..so which way should the rad be fitted?
Blowing the air out of sucking in?

I know..thought about it too..so which way should the rad be fitted?
Blowing the air out of sucking in?
Easy enough to tell if radiator is right orientation with a piece of a4 paper. If fan is on front of rad then it should be sucking (i.e. the paper will stick to the fan), if on back of radiator it should be blowing (i.e. paper will be blown away from fan).

my fan is located on the back of the radiator..think it the same with all other guys or am i wrong?

Fan sits behind Rad, and air comes from outside through the rad.Mine was not working, but when we got it working, were VERY surprised to find air blown from the engine compartment, through the Rad to the outside!!. By the look of things, this had been like this for a very long time.Why was it not noticed before?. Probably because the fan very rarely comes on in normal driving, and never came on when on track. Having said all that, I didn't work anyway!!!.With my dogged English Spirit, we will get there.( For you young whipper snappers, that means, we will keep going, and get there soon!.)

Reactions: Sean197 and Pav