Clio Meg RS320bhp conversion (update Meg Rad)

In the meanwhile......discovered turbo radiator had air lock, so something else fixed. I am not so sure bonnet scoops are now needed, as temperatures are now perfect, but putting fan override switch in cabin just in case!.

Reactions: Sean197
IMG_1431.JPG As battery is in boot, and air filter is moved to front of car, I thought I would make a shield for it to help stop some heat soak. Abit crude, but I will make a better one.

No performance loss at all,goes like stuff off a shovel,adding new disks, and DS1.11 pads, before Cadwell on 1st September. When on track, I remove engine/filter covers, and also number plate, as it has holes behind it, and of course the bonnet Louvre covers, and as you can see, the rubber strip below the windscreen, and of course, together with the rad fan, now blowing the right way, I don't seem to get any overheating, and very little temperature rise.

HIP HIP HORRAH!!. No more limp mode!. Enjoyed Cadwell in the dry for once, and am fitting new disks and DS1.11 before next track day. Was quite a warm day at Cadwell, and you guessed it, the Aircon packed up!, and we all know why?.Its a Renault!.

Nice one!

Any pics?

I have a GoPro,and another camera, permanently wired into the car, and so far, never remembered to turn them on!!. There are some photos, on the MSV website, for Cadwell,1st September. You will see the old boy, in the yellow Clio, with a miserable face.

There were 2 green/multicolour pick up things to start the day, but only one finished the day in one piece, the other one might have a few bits that were not totalled. Instead of doing a sharp right turn, he decided to go straight on, into the barriers, not a good thing to do at the best of times.Another driver, with X plate, decided to turn left, just before the sharp left, and totalled his car.My car of courses, is still in one piece, but then of course, I don't drive over 30mph.