** Clio Owners PLEASE read HIGHLY IMPORTANT **

Discussion in 'Body Work and Exterior Lights' started by Gam, Jan 16, 2014.

1. lemonnobby

lemonnobby Paid Member

just to say on this the o/s on is very small and you need to cut the end off. the n/s one has a flap on the end you need to take the flap off

2. tiababy

tiababy

London/Hampshire
    Megane 275 trophy 006
    Did this a few days ago
    glad I did as the drivers side was completely blocked and the passenger side had some sort of dirt plug half way down. No puddles though. Good timing as it torrential down poured last night and today.

thanks for posting this reminder as it something I've been meaning to crack on with since February.
    (91000miles and 7 years old)

3. Jimmy

Jimmy Good cop Administrator

I've got round to doing this earlier on today. Thankfully there wasn't much build up, but it's good to know where it all is and to keep an eye on it. Thank you.

4. Did mine the other week. Just in time too, drivers side was completely blocked. To do mine I took the bolts out the wiper arm on the drivers side (taped wiper mark on windscreen first). [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Isn't it ridiculous how much water can be held there!

6. Mentalpen

Mentalpen Guest

to save marking the wiper position just put them in the service position.

7. Giles

Giles

UK
    Red 197 & Trophy 220
    they are rubbish drain design!

8. -Eddie-

-Eddie- Missing In Action Paid Member

Belfast
    200 Cup
    Only seen this thread and after having problems with electrics recently, albeit intermittently, I thought I'd check it out.

Poor drain holes where badly blocked. Disgusting the hungry that was in the drivers side one in particular. Cleaned out now so fingers crossed the intermittent issues disappear!

9. Rogue

Rogue Platinum Member

Essex
    Boosted R27
    Hope you ain't been having problems with you alarm.

10. -Eddie-

-Eddie- Missing In Action Paid Member

Belfast
    200 Cup
    Not alarm. Thankfully.

11. Lewis.

Lewis.

Hertfordshire
    Glacier White 200 Cup
    I just bought me a Clio 200 this weekend and gave it clean yesterday and noticed there were leaves and gunk in under the scuttle so going to have a proper look at this over the weekend as I fear the drain plugs are probably blocked too, thanks guys!

12. foofighter

foofighter

clio 197
    Just done mine, thanks for the heads up :tongueout:anic:

13. Great thread, did mine today and passenger side cleared up fine but driver side (LHD car) doesn't seem to be willing to let go. Look clean and tried with hot water compressed air and a coat hanger. I guess the actual tube is bent or something. How do i access the tube, just take of the wheel well and I see the tube or what? Thanks!

14. BrooksMCR

BrooksMCR Gold Member

Clio 197
    Got mine sorted last week, there was a fair bit of gunk but I found a £2 drain unblocking pipe from B&M Bargains did the trick along side a jug of water!

All done and dusted within 15 mins!