Clio RS 200T Issues Update

Hi
I don't think it's just us having bother there was posts all over renaults own community which renault have now taken the site down
lots of posts on other forums but lately they seem to have been getting deleted but I've been taking pics of said posts for evidence as my renault dealer says no one else is having bother with their rs200t s
Cheers shocker

Quite frankly that is disgusting behaviour from a manufacturer. I thought the whole idea of a manufacturers own forum was 3 fold really.

1: To create a community where customers can become engaged with the brand
2: To understand who your real customers are
3: To listen and learn from real users of the companies vehicles, their views, their problems, potential issues, areas of improvement for future models, likes and dislikes.

Its really not that hard is it. Sounds like Renault really don't care about the Renaultsport brand anymore.

*UPDATE*

my clio is going back to milltek to have the old exhaust fitted on friday then i have the weekend to see if the exhaust is causing the issues as its going back to derby for its last checkup on monday.

The Sales rep is giving me his car as a courtesy car and he will be driving my clio for a couple of days to feel for the faults that i experience.

dont say that i got mine today:worried:

don't worry too much mate, you get these issues with most new models. it takes a year or 2 to iron out the issues. just thank the gods for warranty.

P.S if you do get a running motor then you will love it. they are incredible cars.

My climate control has made some funny grumbling noises on start up a couple times, apart from that it's been perfect... I'm going to be listening out for noises and knocks now!

I've been lucky, it's faultless so far and now I've done a few miles the engine is loosening up and the exhaust popping more... It feels amazing [MENTION=51687]delboy225[/MENTION] you'll love it!

Last edited:
Quite frankly that is disgusting behaviour from a manufacturer. I thought the whole idea of a manufacturers own forum was 3 fold really.

1: To create a community where customers can become engaged with the brand
2: To understand who your real customers are
3: To listen and learn from real users of the companies vehicles, their views, their problems, potential issues, areas of improvement for future models, likes and dislikes.

Its really not that hard is it. Sounds like Renault really don't care about the Renaultsport brand anymore.

The MyRenault community wasn't taken down for that reason, it has been taken down for maintenance and to fix a number of things that require attention. Renaultsport.co.uk is still fully operational.

The MyRenault community wasn't taken down for that reason, it has been taken down for maintenance and to fix a number of things that require attention. Renaultsport.co.uk is still fully operational.

Yea but all the people with new captures , clios or non rs models don't use renaultsport they relyed on the my renault community and to be honest the posts on the community where constantly complaints I never really so much positive chats
I'm sure renault could have a web site fixed and up and running the same day
this issue thing is just a cover up I'm my book
I know you can't get into the site but I've managed to get into all the headings list and most are all complaints you can't see any posts but you have got to admit there wasn't much positive about most of the new cars being said
I'm not anti renault as I've driven and loved a few but the new clio or quality control on the new clio is shocking
i can post up a email from renault saying that their boffins have no fix for the r- link problems at the moment so I should take my car back to the dealer , well if the boffins and the dealers can't sort the problems it means the goods Are faulty and contravening the sale of goods act meaning we should get our money back for another model of car
I know there is different software packages on some of the rlink unit and they can't be updated but others can , that's why some are having bother and others arent mine has been bricked by dealer when they tried to update a non updatable unit
cheers shocker

as customer service goes it certainly isn't the best. but i suppose you shouldn't expect it to be from Renault which lets face it aren't exactly Rolls Royce.

*UPDATE*

Derby branch have confirmed they have replaced the same part twice on my RS. i sent them an email explaining whats happened to the car at mansfield and what works had been undertaken. mansfield replaced the ignition coil and then realised it was the engine loom. Derby have replaced the ignition coil and have now realised its the engine loom. you can't write this kind of comedy...

at least now they are working on the correct fault.

I got my rs200t back on Friday night with a new steering rack and a new rlink unit the rest of the faults are not fixed but pleased to say the car now handles better than when I first got it and the rlink now seems to be behaving I even have the voice control and all updates working for the first time in 8 months
only one problem the dealer chipped and scraped
my nearside front wheel they took pictures but as of fridAy night no one from the dealers has phoned me to ask how or if I am happy about repairs or about kerbed alloy
I have got to sAy renault dealers are rubbish at customer service
cheers shocker
oh and the car still sticks in first gear when sport is selected and hazard lights still come on and won't go off on opening of the boot renault had this car for weeks extensively tested it useing all my petrol and at 18 mpg average and still say they never seen a fault but it has down it every day since I got car back

I got my rs200t back on Friday night with a new steering rack and a new rlink unit the rest of the faults are not fixed but pleased to say the car now handles better than when I first got it and the rlink now seems to be behaving I even have the voice control and all updates working for the first time in 8 months
only one problem the dealer chipped and scraped
my nearside front wheel they took pictures but as of fridAy night no one from the dealers has phoned me to ask how or if I am happy about repairs or about kerbed alloy
I have got to sAy renault dealers are rubbish at customer service
cheers shocker
oh and the car still sticks in first gear when sport is selected and hazard lights still come on and won't go off on opening of the boot renault had this car for weeks extensively tested it useing all my petrol and at 18 mpg average and still say they never seen a fault but it has down it every day since I got car back
In sport mode do you mean it stays in first permanently up to the red line or just holds first for a long time?

Stays in first bouncing of red line and you have to paddle shift up , it only does this know and again , the other problem I get now and again in race is you go first second third and then it jumps back to first stutters about and then goes back to normal

Not had those sort of problems, just annoying the way it insists on going into first gear at low speed, when you haven't stopped. Can make for a jerky pull off at roundabouts as it suddenly lurches into first gear when it should have still been in second.

Not had those sort of problems, just annoying the way it insists on going into first gear at low speed, when you haven't stopped. Can make for a jerky pull off at roundabouts as it suddenly lurches into first gear when it should have still been in second.
I've found this. I'll slow down for a junction or what ever and then it decides it wants to be in first when really 2nd is better.

I think that is one software issue that need to be addressed i.e. unless your speed registers less than 2mph stay in 2nd.
Any one else noticed how in sport or race mode when driving normally at 30 how it seems to be "braking" slightly when easing off to keep at a steady speed?

I think that is one software issue that need to be addressed i.e. unless your speed registers less than 2mph stay in 2nd.
Any one else noticed how in sport or race mode when driving normally at 30 how it seems to be "braking" slightly when easing off to keep at a steady speed?
I drive in sport all the time so probably haven't noticed the difference :smiley:

there have been moments when i have to paddle shift up to 4th because it stays redlining in 3rd too long...then it skips to 5th because it finally got its act together just when my patience was wearing thin haha.

That's because you have engine braking in both of these modes. It's not designed to be in sport or race if you are driving at a steady speed ie; 30 or 40, they're both modes for making progress.

Many of the 200T owners over here are having issues with the EDC holding gears & not shifting correctly, they are also getting EDC warning messages on the dash & are reporting that the dealers are stating it is mainly software issues.
Sounds like Renault EDC owners are having issues like the DSG problems that VAG owners have had to endure .

I would love just once in a while to get in the rs and get it to drive properly and have a little chill out . But after being out house 15 hours with work and all the stressful dangers I have the little renault issues have me at blowing point

It's been at renault for 2 solid weeks now...in total thats a month and a half. Got half a mind to just let them keep it.