Clothes shopping

Lol, I've worked in a lot of environments and I know how you can go through boots, I have timberland steels for work and site work, never use the moc toes at work, not that flush! Lol

Ps scruffs workwork I find pretty decent for the price

How do you find the timberland boots? My dad has some and raves about them.. Just my current boots are supplied by work and the timberlands don't fall into there budget lol - so it'd be a case of buying them myself.

Reactions: Cossers
How do you find the timberland boots? My dad has some and raves about them.. Just my current boots are supplied by work and the timberlands don't fall into there budget lol - so it'd be a case of buying them myself.

I'm the same as you bud, work give me £22 for boots! Lol the ones I have look like walking Boots, you would never know they are safety boots at all! They are great and last well too, can scrape easy thought as they are like a nubuck look so watch that but they are workboots after all! I'll deffo have another pair!

I'm the same as you bud, work give me £22 for boots! Lol the ones I have look like walking Boots, you would never know they are safety boots at all! They are great and last well too, can scrape easy thought as they are like a nubuck look so watch that but they are workboots after all! I'll deffo have another pair!

£22 ! Get you a decent pair of para-cord laces that. And fook all else !

We get £80. Twice a year. And shirts, trousers, jumpers, hoodies, bobble hats, jackets etc whenever we ask. Guess we are spoiled by the sounds of it...

Reactions: Cossers

Timberland gear is great. Can't do nothing wrong with getting something from them.

Reactions: Chris
Timberland gear is great. Can't do nothing wrong with getting something from them.

Cheers - theres a shop local to me that sells work related gear and I know they have Timberland stuff. If these boots pose me problems (which I'm touching all available wood that they don't) ill be looking into them.

£22 ! Get you a decent pair of para-cord laces that. And fook all else !

We get £80. Twice a year. And shirts, trousers, jumpers, hoodies, bobble hats, jackets etc whenever we ask. Guess we are spoiled by the sounds of it...

£80! You luck bollox! I get £12for my trousers! i shit you not!

£80! You luck bollox! I get £12for my trousers! i shit you not!

And where does one find hard wearing Work trousers for £12 ? :smile:

TBH I (we) Work in some of the most dangerous environments out there and having the right gear, being seen (literally with modem H+S) in the right gear, being protected and feeling comfy etc means everything. Got us and our customers.

I remember being so cold one year working at sea-level out of a work basket hanging from a crane in a local outer harbour I had 7 bobble hats on. I shit you not on that one !

Think we get £30 for a work boot, but basically theres a big list of boots you can choose from, nothing for clothes are we are provided with overalls which are washed for you, which is nice tbh. Perhaps we ought to make a work gear thread :wink:

Reactions: sevenfourate
This thread should have been 'what work boot do you wear and how much allowance do you get for them'. :sleeping::sleeping:

Similar Thread Suggestions