Clothes shopping

Now we're talking. Jeans - Armani J21s. Polos - Lacoste, Ralph Lauren, Hugo Boss, Paul & Shark. Jumpers/Jackets - Stone Island, Armani, Hugo Boss. Trainers- Y-3, Adidas, New Balance. Socks - Tesco. Boxers - M&S. Bike Gear - Alpinestars, Arlen Ness.

I have had the same style for 30 years, my boy is worse than me he must have over 20 pairs of trainers! I like what I like but don't like in your face labels just the small logos.

Pretty much just summed my wardrobe up in your post, you have very good taste :grinning:

Jeans - Levis, Armani, Edwin - Zara/H&M for work. Polos/Tshirts - Ralph Lauren, Lacoste, Adidas Originals, Hugo Boss. Jumpers/Jackets - Stone Island, Cp Company, Baslager, Hugo Boss. Trainers - Nothing but Adidas really, have over 35 pairs at the moment. I do own a few pairs of New Balance which see a lot of action during winter! Socks - Happy Socks (slightly expensive but I love a good pair of socks :grinning:)

Reactions: LOCKE
Pretty much just summed my wardrobe up in your post, you have very good taste :grinning:

Jeans - Levis, Armani, Edwin - Zara/H&M for work. Polos/Tshirts - Ralph Lauren, Lacoste, Adidas Originals, Hugo Boss. Jumpers/Jackets - Stone Island, Cp Company, Baslager, Hugo Boss. Trainers - Nothing but Adidas really, have over 35 pairs at the moment. I do own a few pairs of New Balance which see a lot of action during winter! Socks - Happy Socks (slightly expensive but I love a good pair of socks :grinning:)
Always been into my clothes and it has rubbed off on my boy. We got him a nice Stone Island jacket for doing well in his school exams. You know and I know that feeling you get wearing nice clothes that other people just don't get.

If I won the lottery I would never wear a pair of socks twice. Best feeling in the world new socks (after winning the lottery I suppose).

Reactions: Micah
If I won the lottery I would never wear a pair of socks twice. Best feeling in the world new socks (after winning the lottery I suppose).

Or pants.

Is love a fresh pair everyday that I don’t worry about blowing holes through!

Always been into my clothes and it has rubbed off on my boy. We got him a nice Stone Island jacket for doing well in his school exams. You know and I know that feeling you get wearing nice clothes that other people just don't get.

That's a great present, I bet he was well chuffed! Yeah definitely, some people would think we are crazy! Especially at some of the recent seasons Stone Island prices but it's something I really enjoy and honestly don't mind spending the money if it's a piece I really like.

Reactions: LOCKE
Interesting reading this and im sure some of you 'of a certain age' will understand this, I grew up in the 80's being a Hip Hop fan I grew up wearing Adidas, Puma, Nike, Sergio Tacchini.

Being of a certain age this changes and not sure about you guys, but you feel a bit lost regards to where you shop and what you wear, I did a massive purge of my clothing I guess you realise hmm im not 18 anymore im 40...something...where the feck did 20 years go! and my style changed a lot.

I still have a thing for trainers, I always had some trainers stashed I had never worn new in box and I have calmed this down over the last few years.

I also over the last year started to think about where things were made, I never had a single item made in the UK, I noticed quality of some items varied massively example I had some New balance which were aweful, split and just looked terrible after a short period of time - they were made in vietnam or something like that - I guess if I payed triple the price and had the made in UK ones they may have been better quality?

I had some Asics gel 3 trainers and they were bullet proof lasted ages and after a quick clean still looked good - but they were more expensive.

I guess being of a certain age as with my clothing my whole outlook on life has changed and is still changing for me, I think having a young daughter this has massively moved my outlook on EVERYTHING!.

Mostly sports kit and mainly running gear on a day to day basis (which my wife detests) and most of that is Karrimor, great stuff, great price, just hate having to buy it from Sportsdirect..........I like other brands but just won't pay £30-50 on a bloody tshirt. If I'm going out with her indoors then most of my stuff is casual wear jeans/t shirt from Joe Browns, but again only from their sale items (Yes I'm a tight Jock). The only thing I spend money on without any hesitation is for shoes I only buy black or brown Loakes brogues they are fantastic quality and last for ever.
:kilt:

Funny you mention sportsdirect, I used to shop online with cruise fashion, then sportsdirect took them over, utter shite now tbh! shop in Belfast is a mess compared to the way it used to be kept tbh! Mr porter, farfetch and viv Westwood are all good if you want to splash a bit! Have got some great stuff off there too.

A bit cheaper but a fantastic site to deal with is zalando! Can get some great threads there too :smile:

Funny you mention sportsdirect, I used to shop online with cruise fashion, then sportsdirect took them over, utter shite now tbh! shop in Belfast is a mess compared to the way it used to be kept tbh! Mr porter, farfetch and viv Westwood are all good if you want to splash a bit! Have got some great stuff off there too.

A bit cheaper but a fantastic site to deal with is zalando! Can get some great threads there too :smile:

Sports Direct own/have shares in quite a few shops these days, Cruise, Flannels, USC to name a few. Cruise definitely isn't what it used to be!

I've found myself using a few stores from different countries in Europe recently, postage is nearly as quick as here in the UK and always save a bit of the money with the stores currency being euro.

Think I'm with @kevlar in some respects. Looking back on what I used to wear (and waste money on) I've changed from wearing baggy stuff to better fitting clothes.
Thankfully I'm out of the City and therefore a suit, and my weekday wear is now the same as the weekend. I had the most perfect jeans from H&M a few months ago but have already destroyed the crotch (LOLZ), so went to the designer outlet in Ashford and got 2 pairs of Levi's for £99, plus 2 plain knitted jumpers for £35 each. Other than that, my staple is plain Superdry t-shirts and knitted jumpers, so only the logo and no lairy prints.
Currently wearing some lovely Caterpillar chukka boots but have the shoe equivalent from Jones. On the lookout for some sensibly priced Chelsea boots. Have recently destroyed a pair of Converse in the space of 2 months also.
Jackets - appear to have found good fitting jackets from Berghaus at my local Go Outdoors. Functional and understated, and more importantly - WARM!
I have a Superdry coat that I bought years ago and it's the warmest and most comfortable coat I have ever owned and is still holding together. This is from their era of better quality clothing.
Pants and socks - has to be Next!
What's annoying is that I work in the same office building as Lacoste, and they have a sale every year at stupidly discounted prices. However, it's all medium so nothing fits :worried:
All in all, I don't mind paying a little more for something that makes me look smart, as it definitely gives you a bit of a boost.

Reactions: kevlar and LOCKE
Yeah I totally agree on Cruise. This was the best shop in Glasgow for designer gear now it's more like a Nike shop. Woodhouse online have some nice stuff. Another reason we love going to Gran Canaria is the shopping especially as we go on or around my sons birthday, he loves it. Lacoste, Boss, Ralph Lauren shops to name a few on the tax free island.

I also think if you buy nicer clothes you tend to take care of them better so they last longer. Never followed fashion, jeans, polos and Timberland boat shoes since the late 80s. Christ I'm old - my boy thinks I'm cool though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: matt9566

Similar Thread Suggestions