Collinite 476S users ?

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Paid Member
IMG_5842_zps7uwxoquv.jpg

I've previously tended to perhaps use slightly softer / supposedly better looking "show shine" type waxes. Trouble is - some of these don't last very long however careful you are of only using: supposedly PH neutral products......

But in the last few months - i've really taken to a quick detailer (Sonax BSD being the product of choice for me) being applied after every 3 or 4 washes. And the protection and beading from this is really superb. And it can supposedly last like 6 washes+ before it needs doing again.

So if thats my top layer - then why would i need a super-shine / soft wax underneath ?

Therefore; next time i machine polish (Not too long hopefully) i'm going to get a couple of coats of the Collinite i bought today on and then QD with Sonax BSD as i've been doing.

The reviews of the Collinite are outstanding everywhere you look. And i'm looking forward to seeing it on in the flesh:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002P3ZO2E/?tag=clio197-21

Infact about the only negative i've ever seen written about it - is that it doesn't bead very well. I presume in real-terms this means water doesn't run-off when rinsing after a wash and it therefore makes it harder / more time-consuming to dry the car.

This isnt a problem if im using Sonax BSD as my top-coat anyway....... :smile:

@Sean197 - you recently used Collinite 845 didnt you ? Any idea what the differences between the two are ? You impressed with yours ?

@sevenfourate I have my eye on the 845 but haven't actually bought it yet. I heard the same re the beading of the sonax vs the Collinite, although I don't have first hand experience. The only waxes I've ever used are meguiars carnauba and jeff's werkstat, which I believe is now called Carlack. Both of which I found were very good.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Meguiars gold class lasted no time at all for me. Truly disappointing.

Last few time's i've used Dodo-Juice Supernatural Hybrid. Which is truly excellent. Such a pain to remove though. Really grabby. Although lasts very well and looks and beads great.

Hopefully the Collinite is easy-on easy-off and lasts well (They claim upto a year !!!). The Sonax.....which is so simple and quick to apply..... will then give the final shine.

Thats the theory anyway...........

I love Collinite 476s. I used it all the time before I found Fusso and BSD. I found it lasted a good 4-5 months and gave great beading. It lasted about 8 months on the roof and bonnet.

I then switched to 845, easier to apply and found it lasted about the same. Gave a warm glow to the paint.

Finally switched over to Fusso and BSD as Fusso lasts long, gives amazing gloss and BSD keeps the protection topped up.

Just don't let the Collinite cure for too long, as its a bugger to remove. Swipe it with a finger every so often and when the paint is clean, its time to remove. If it leaves streaks then leave it for a bit longer.

I've used it for years

It beads fine, I always put 2 coats on, it's easier if your applicator is damp, work on a panel at a time & take it straight off it'll last months

Collinite 476S without using any QD...

IMG_6206.jpg
IMG_6209.jpg

As for beading, well... this was applied back on 1st December and has had one wash around Christmas time. My gf's dad pointed out how the rain was just running off it on Sunday in heavy drizzle. It's very good, and that was only one coat I applied.
Definitely good winter protection IMO.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Thanks Greg. Very helpful.

I knew it was supposed to be good. However 'run of the mill' it appears in the fashion charts :smile:

It wasn't until i read a load of reviews.....and more to the point saw a post on the net about a detailing freak who posted pictures of 3 different coloured cars of his own; just with 476S on i thought i'd really better try this myself !

I'm not alone in my theory then with something longer lasting topped-up with BSD..............

Cheers.

I've used it for years

It beads fine, I always put 2 coats on, it's easier if your applicator is damp, work on a panel at a time & take it straight off it'll last months

I've always preferred mine damp :smile: Cheers for the tips though.........

Collinite 476S without using any QD...

IMG_6206.jpg
IMG_6209.jpg

As for beading, well... this was applied back on 1st December and has had one wash around Christmas time. My gf's dad pointed out how the rain was just running off it on Sunday in heavy drizzle. It's very good, and that was only one coat I applied.
Definitely good winter protection IMO.

Another fan ! Cheers Micah. Finish looks 'Deep as' there. Very nice....... :smile:

Superb @nick's !!! All look stunning.

The icing on the cake is the Meg though. That is a show-winning shine and depth of colour that !

Long-time user and fan by the looks of it........

I love collinite I use it also.

You've seen what my car looks like and that's with the 476. Couldn't recommend more highly for the price point!

There are some options, the best way forward is to have the surface cleaned properly with a clay bar process, once the paint is sorted then move onto a wax cleaner like Angelwax Perfect Polish, then apply some Japanese Magic called Fusso Coat and then sit back and marvel at the results.

IMG_5842_zps7uwxoquv.jpg

I've previously tended to perhaps use slightly softer / supposedly better looking "show shine" type waxes. Trouble is - some of these don't last very long however careful you are of only using: supposedly PH neutral products......

But in the last few months - i've really taken to a quick detailer (Sonax BSD being the product of choice for me) being applied after every 3 or 4 washes. And the protection and beading from this is really superb. And it can supposedly last like 6 washes+ before it needs doing again.

So if thats my top layer - then why would i need a super-shine / soft wax underneath ?

Therefore; next time i machine polish (Not too long hopefully) i'm going to get a couple of coats of the Collinite i bought today on and then QD with Sonax BSD as i've been doing.

The reviews of the Collinite are outstanding everywhere you look. And i'm looking forward to seeing it on in the flesh:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002P3ZO2E/?tag=clio197-21

Infact about the only negative i've ever seen written about it - is that it doesn't bead very well. I presume in real-terms this means water doesn't run-off when rinsing after a wash and it therefore makes it harder / more time-consuming to dry the car.

This isnt a problem if im using Sonax BSD as my top-coat anyway....... :smile:

@Sean197 - you recently used Collinite 845 didnt you ? Any idea what the differences between the two are ? You impressed with yours ?
Can't comment on the wax. When you say the next time you machine polish the car are you correcting the paint? I wouldn't like to be correcting paint too often. What machine polisher are you using? Unless correcting I always hand polish.

Can't comment on the wax. When you say the next time you machine polish the car are you correcting the paint? I wouldn't like to be correcting paint too often. What machine polisher are you using? Unless correcting I always hand polish.

Surely it's ok to apply wax with a DA using a soft finishing pad, or have I got that wrong? I'm new to this detailing stuff.

I waxed mine by hand in no time at all, and that's coming from someone who doesn't spend a lot of time doing this sort of thing!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jamz72 Detailing 16
S Detailing 3
M Detailing 8
R Gallery 6