Confused I know that not unusual

Exactly that.

I joined CS in 2003 when I was 19, and I'm still on there now, so I've pretty much grown up with the place, worked with them all, left, came back again and with all the shows, events, trips, CS Saturday/CS Festival/whatever it's called now.

It's a LOT more grown up now, as all the members who joined with me are all older now.

This place is a lot better for Mk3/4-specific stuff, but I don't think my sense of humour and sarcasm from CS goes down well. :sweat:
Both forums are great though, a real mix. I do think CS cars tend to be more... subtle (?) though, which is more my thing, if I'm honest. That said, there's some crackers on here too. :grimacing:

I totally agree with that, and I thought the same before I posted yesterday. I think this site feels more like a family with manners and relatively small, compared to mass banter you can just brush off on CS.
I really like getting the weekly updates from CS - a lot of good 'life' advice given, and people have moved on to bigger purchases away from the brand but they are still a big part of CS (and very interesting to read too!)
I think it's rather intriguing how you can have 2 forums for relatively the same model and 2 very different cultures. It's all down to personal preference and attitude, I think it's a big win in terms of who feels they fit in where more comfortably.
I don't see an issue with your humour, we want people like you on here - we should all be here because we love the Mk3+ :smiley:
It might just take time as we get to know your character, and vice versa. I mean, a year on here and I am confident enough to give @Jimmy loads of stick for having stickers on his car :tearsofjoy:

I totally agree with that, and I thought the same before I posted yesterday. I think this site feels more like a family with manners and relatively small, compared to mass banter you can just brush off on CS.
I really like getting the weekly updates from CS - a lot of good 'life' advice given, and people have moved on to bigger purchases away from the brand but they are still a big part of CS (and very interesting to read too!)
I think it's rather intriguing how you can have 2 forums for relatively the same model and 2 very different cultures. It's all down to personal preference and attitude, I think it's a big win in terms of who feels they fit in where more comfortably.
I don't see an issue with your humour, we want people like you on here - we should all be here because we love the Mk3+ :smiley:
It might just take time as we get to know your character, and vice versa. I mean, a year on here and I am confident enough to give @Jimmy loads of stick for having stickers on his car :tearsofjoy:

:tearsofjoy:

Mate, I bought some GT3 style stripes for the sides and test fitted them at the weekend. I secretly have no taste.

...I removed them btw :sunglasses:

Reactions: Micah

Great post Micah. I think it's good that there's diversity between forums, especially two that cater to the same kind of car. If they were all the same, with the same kind of banter/personalities/humour etc, they would all get very dull, very quickly. Each one has it's own, specific appeal and that's what draws people to them, and likewise puts people off them as well.

And I've got used to the sticker thing now @Micah , I only get upset for an hour or so now when I read those comments, whereas before it would just ruin the rest of my day :disappointed:

Reactions: Micah