Contemplating Selling

Ha!

It's just too distressing for my tiny brain to contemplate mate!

All that awesome work on that lovely car!

Absolutely get the feeling of wanting something else, but so soon? You've not even had time to enjoy it. And sure, the Cayman can be tweaked to be an absolute weapon with a few mods, you'll need pretty deep pockets though. :smiley:

However, if you are going to do it, you'll definitely get a hell of a lot more if you return it fully to standard. AG cars always seem to fetch decent money and you have some good mods to build up funds with.

Not looking at immediate sale mate, will keep the Clio for the rest of this summer to enjoy and then look at potentially returning to standard end of the year. All ideas at this stage.

Reactions: kevlar
Better to break it and try to put it back, it's not just the mods even though they are of exceptional taste it's the glaringly obvious fact that to the average Joe the cars been abused.

I totally get you about the ring mate I always come back from there wanting something last time it was a Cayman s also lol. They need a bit of work to do with the oil I believe to become track safe but I'm sure you'll do your research. No tempted by an e92 m3? They seem to be monsterous at the ring these days and cheaper on parts.

Better to break it and try to put it back, it's not just the mods even though they are of exceptional taste it's the glaringly obvious fact that to the average Joe the cars been abused.

I totally get you about the ring mate I always come back from there wanting something last time it was a Cayman s also lol. They need a bit of work to do with the oil I believe to become track safe but I'm sure you'll do your research. No tempted by an e92 m3? They seem to be monsterous at the ring these days and cheaper on parts.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's been 'abused' lol but I get your point.

Yeah the Gen 1 Cayman S has a tendency to poop it's bottom end on track, needs a different sump etc fitted. I'm looking at the Gen 2 partly for that reason but also that it has +25bhp on the Gen 1 and a few facelift items. Have a big heart for the E92, my E46 was great so would definitely be keen, but I've always wanted a Porsche so think it's an itch that has to be scratched.

Reactions: R32pete
Definitely split the car.

A few years back I bought a 1990 mx5 for AU$12,000 , spent 3 years and over $30,000 turning it into a track weapon and then sold it for $15,000! The car was still worth the $12,000 I paid and there were at least $10,000 worth of parts had I split the car.

And a word of caution from an ex Porsche (996 C4S) owner. They're amazing machines and a real privilege to own, however if you track them and want to maintain the cars value it gets REALLY expensive. Had my car for just under a year, covered 25k miles with 3 trips to the 'ring plus Spa the last time I went and it cost me around £10,000 in servicing, maintenance and re-selling costs in the year I had the car!!

Btw I don't regret any of the above decisions, I always say that any money spent on sports/race cars is money well spent..