Dale's Glacier White 200 cup

A good 200 might make 192bhp on a set of fair rollers. RStuning or Engine Dynamics seem about the fairest

Yeah I'm not interested in rollers, I want a side by side comparison on the road. My GTR made anywhere between 620-660hp depending what day and what rollers I went to whereas on the road comparisons showed the real differences.

So I'm planning to get a remap at RSTuning at some point, and I'm now considering getting the ITG Maxogen induction kit as this is the only one with a proven increase in performance.

Read a few threads on here but anybody got any input on whether they're worth the hefty price tag? Ideally I'd like the Carbon fibre one to reduce heatsoak but it's about £400, plus the remap were talking £750 :excited:

Phone or email Paul at RS Tuning and ask his advice and go with whatever he says.
He could have easily had a few quid off me for fitting a low-temp thermostat and new coolant, but when I asked him he told me not to bother with the thermostat so I didn't.

Phone or email Paul at RS Tuning and ask his advice and go with whatever he says.
He could have easily had a few quid off me for fitting a low-temp thermostat and new coolant, but when I asked him he told me not to bother with the thermostat so I didn't.

Yeah might be worth having a chat with him before I make a decision.

Would an induction kit make the exhaust pop more/be louder? Or does it just increase induction noise?

Not considering Ktec one Dale?
I know they get a bad rep sometimes but can't fault the quality of their induction kit. Noise is a bit marmite but definitely doesn't lose power after a remap.

From what I can tell the ITG Maxogen is the best kit you can get for our cars with a proven ~6bhp increase (seen RR printouts on a thread on here somewhere) so If I'm gonna spend £200 on KTECs I may as well fork out extra and get the ITG.

Yeah might be worth having a chat with him before I make a decision.

Would an induction kit make the exhaust pop more/be louder? Or does it just increase induction noise?

It'll increase the induction noise but not much else to be honest. And I think a 6bhp increase may be a little, erm, optimistic shall we say. Personally I'd save buy a panel filter and save my money. But if you want the extra induction noise then go for it.
Fire Paul an email, he's usually very quick to reply.

From what I can tell the ITG Maxogen is the best kit you can get for our cars with a proven ~6bhp increase (seen RR printouts on a thread on here somewhere) so If I'm gonna spend £200 on KTECs I may as well fork out extra and get the ITG.

Just throwing my two pennies-worth out there. I enjoyed the induction roar from the K-Tec kit, but the car felt much more responsive when I put the original air box back on. The only thing that concerns me is WHERE exactly the cold air feed goes in the engine bay - it's tight as a Nun's chuff down there!
However, that's what the remap is there for, so do whatever you please :smile:

It'll increase the induction noise but not much else to be honest. And I think a 6bhp increase may be a little, erm, optimistic shall we say. Personally I'd save buy a panel filter and save my money. But if you want the extra induction noise then go for it.
Fire Paul an email, he's usually very quick to reply.

ITG Website claims 6bhp which I agree with you is a bold claim, but somebody on here did RR before and after fitting ITG and it showed ~6bhp increase. Here's the thread.

Ive got a K&N panel filter in atm, but not convinced it's that good so if I decide to not get an induction kit I'll probably switch for an ITG panel filter.

Just throwing my two pennies-worth out there. I enjoyed the induction roar from the K-Tec kit, but the car felt much more responsive when I put the original air box back on. The only thing that concerns me is WHERE exactly the cold air feed goes in the engine bay - it's tight as a Nun's chuff down there!
However, that's what the remap is there for, so do whatever you please :smile:

The carbon fibre one should eliminate the heat soak and I believe the cold air feed is fed from the right of the battery, so theoretically it shouldn't affect responsiveness. Key word being theoretically :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Micah
The carbon fibre one should eliminate the heat soak and I believe the cold air feed is fed from the right of the battery, so theoretically it shouldn't affect responsiveness. Key word being theoretically :tearsofjoy:
Bottom line is any decent induction kit with a remap will see you make gains and be much better to drive.

Yeah I'm not interested in rollers, I want a side by side comparison on the road. My GTR made anywhere between 620-660hp depending what day and what rollers I went to whereas on the road comparisons showed the real differences.
I think you might need a private test track for what your hinting at:grinning:

After my exhaust, induction and remap there was a clear difference in how my car drove. Even if it only gained 7bhp it felt better everywhere in rev range

I know what you mean about the KTEC kit. I'm dubious.

Mine made 192 on EFI's rollers, which are known to be accurate. That was with only 8k miles on it, too.

it's all been said really..as Sean said..try ringing Paul..he does know these cars inside out!!
but if it was me I wouldnt bother..wasted money really that can be spent on better things..

hope you get the answer you are looking for from Paul

Reactions: Sean197