Dale's Glacier White 200 cup

Air leaks usually raise; or cause a hanging idle if the throttle is blipped. So cant see it being that either......

Do these cars have an Idle Air Control Valve ?

**Cleaning the filter will be cheap insurance for sure. For many reasons !

After bit of looking I saw one of Foxspeed's comments saying these cars don't have Idle Air Control Valves, just the throttle body.

Had a quick google and apparently you can visually tell if K&N is dirty as it has darker sections on the side where the air is sucked in through.

Had a look at mine and there are no visually dark patches... this either means the entire thing is filthy, or it's reasonably clean... lol think I'll just give it a clean anyway!

good result..i do mine 2x a year just to stay on the safe side..

Yeah I think I'll be doing this from now on, for the sake of literally a 15 minute job it's not even inconvenient to get it done!

@sevenfourate ... removing filter made absolutely no difference to the idle, still sitting just above 750.

Went for a quick drive too, and cleaning the throttle body has definitely helped, the revs don't dip as much when setting of and lower revs are definitely smoother.

@sevenfourate ... removing filter made absolutely no difference to the idle, still sitting just above 750.

Went for a quick drive too, and cleaning the throttle body has definitely helped, the revs don't dip as much when setting of and lower revs are definitely smoother.

Well if the throttle body is now clean its not that; and if it made no difference with or without an air filter - you'd presume its not that either !

***Always been like this - or just since you got it back ? What have the garage "messed" with exactly or taken apart. More likely to be related to that than not i imagine.........

Well if the throttle body is now clean its not that; and if it made no difference with or without an air filter - you'd presume its not that either !

***Always been like this - or just since you got it back ? What have the garage "messed" with exactly or taken apart. More likely to be related to that than not i imagine.........

They did some work to fix the strange dephaser pulley noise, which according to @Siliconsteve requires changing the timing belt, but they just told me they'd fixed it, I need to ring them tomorrow and find out what work was actually done and ask them for copies of the receipts.

Bought some detailing goodies today! It's a dangerous game... had to stop myself from spending way over £100 I just kept picking stuff up that I didn't actually need, so I settled with the basics for a bit of a restore job I'm planning (still cost a fortune though!)

I feel like this is going to become a hobby though!

2vxiyDIl.jpg

The plan is as follows:
  • Wash thoroughly
  • Clay car completely to remove any decontaminates
  • Use Meguiar's ultimate compound over full car (by hand) to try and remove very light swirl marks
    • Yes I've heard this is a pain, Yes I've heard this is easier by machine, No I don't have access to a machine and Yes I love a challenge :tongueout:
  • Wash again to remove any excess compound
  • Full wax with Farelca G3 Super Gloss paste wax which I've only heard good things about
I was planning on doing this today but the weather is terrible and it hasn't stopped raining yet. Fingers crossed I might be able to attempt tomorrow!

Reactions: Jimmy
@DS197 I didn't realise clay mitts were a thing to be completely honest with you!

Are they superior to clay bars? If so why?

Edit: ok so did bit of research, Mitts are good because they are fast but apprently they aren't as good at picking up the tougher contaminants, I'm assuming my car has never been clayed so I think I'll stick with clay.

Last edited:
Bought some detailing goodies today! It's a dangerous game... had to stop myself from spending way over £100 I just kept picking stuff up that I didn't actually need, so I settled with the basics for a bit of a restore job I'm planning (still cost a fortune though!)

I feel like this is going to become a hobby though!

2vxiyDIl.jpg

The plan is as follows:
  • Wash thoroughly
  • Clay car completely to remove any decontaminates
  • Use Meguiar's ultimate compound over full car (by hand) to try and remove very light swirl marks
    • Yes I've heard this is a pain, Yes I've heard this is easier by machine, No I don't have access to a machine and Yes I love a challenge :tongueout:
  • Wash again to remove any excess compound
  • Full wax with Farelca G3 Super Gloss paste wax which I've only heard good things about
I was planning on doing this today but the weather is terrible and it hasn't stopped raining yet. Fingers crossed I might be able to attempt tomorrow!
You do know it's Christmas next week. Would've made great stocking fillers that lot!

Reactions: Dystant
Dangerous path you've tread buddy. Detailing eats into your perfectionist being.

Its not a hobby once you get sucked in. Its a way of life.

I had to put up some some extra units in the garage recently for all my stuff. Be renting a unit soon at this rate.....

To be honest - for me; i love fettling, i enjoy a clean car - and i love being outside. Simple as.

Fingers crossed for the weather for you tomorrow ! :smile:

you like a challenge then??well it certainly is Dale..i've done this a few times and gosh my hand was dead at the end of the day....hope our Manchester weather will treat to some sunshine :thumb:

You do know it's Christmas next week. Would've made great stocking fillers that lot!

I asked my girlfriend for some car cleaning stuff for Christmas and she said no... her reason being car cleaning stuff isn't very "Christmasy" :tearsofjoy:

Dangerous path you've tread buddy. Detailing eats into your perfectionist being.

Its not a hobby once you get sucked in. Its a way of life.

I had to put up some some extra units in the garage recently for all my stuff. Be renting a unit soon at this rate.....

To be honest - for me; i love fettling, i enjoy a clean car - and i love being outside. Simple as.

Fingers crossed for the weather for you tomorrow ! :smile:

I think I'm already sucked in! I just need to learn the ways now... I keep finding myself on Detailingworld reading product reviews and cleaning techniques lol!

Weathers not looking great today though unfortunately! Back in work tomorrow so going to have to wait until the weekend now :worried:

you like a challenge then??well it certainly is Dale..i've done this a few times and gosh my hand was dead at the end of the day....hope our Manchester weather will treat to some sunshine :thumb:

The Manchester weather has betrayed me yet again :tearsofjoy:

So bought an RS knob off Adam on here, and come to fit it but it looks like his plastic bit is stuck inside, so it won't fit on mine, not sure what to do?

Here's a pic of what I mean...

AqLyXpW.jpg

You can see the yellowish bit on my gear stick, but there's already one inside the knob... any ideas?

That doesn't look like the actual gearknob thing because if you look at the bottom of the knob, it's square shaped, where yours is round shaped at the bottom.