dB Readings Thread

petercronin

Paid Member
It may be mentioned somewhere I here but I can't find it. How about a sticky post with a list of mods and their effect on the cars db reading both static and drive by? I reckon people would find this handy for seeing what you can can't get away with for certain tracks, particularly the quiet ones. Something along the lines of:

standard car - xx dB
x exhaust - xx dB
x exhaust and de-cat - xx dB
x intake and x exhaust - xx dB

Clio turbo - r26 engine, Ktec 2.75" decat and milltek 2.75" link pipe, pure Motorsport 2.5" to complete. No silencers from the turbo back only backbox! 82db static

clio 197:
- Toyosports (decat) manifold
- Second car delete (so fully decatted)
- scorpion resonated cat back

static it read about 86 at 4k and read 98 last week at 5200

Yep, very good idea. Once we have sufficient information submitted on this thread, then a new thread can be started and made sticky :smile: thanks for the suggestion, I think it would be handy to have available.

I just wanted to give this a bump in the hope that we can get some more information and then create the sticky thread.

Specifically, we need db readings for:

Standard
Exhaust only
Intake and exhaust

If you do have this info to hand, please reply in the thread. Thanks a lot guys, and thank you for the info so far.

Manifold: R3
Cats: none
System: Supersprint racing (with custom centre silencer)
Backbox: Supersprint racing
Static: 99dB!
Notes: Failed drive-by at Castle Combe!

Manifold: R3
Cats: none
System: Akrapovic Evo
Backbox: Akrapovic
Static: 93dB
Notes: Failed drive-by at Bedford!

Reactions: petercronin
Standard exhaust with centre silencer removal and ITG panel filter - 92.5Db static at Croft with Javelin Trackdays 3/4 max rpm

Good thread, im sure it will come in very handy in the future.

@petercronin maybe you could edit your first post so that we have a list of all the different readings? Would just make it easier as we get more information in the thread

Good thread, im sure it will come in very handy in the future.

@petercronin maybe you could edit your first post so that we have a list of all the different readings? Would just make it easier as we get more information in the thread

I would have but the new forum you can't edit old posts. As Jimmy has mentioned above a new sticky post will be made once there's a few more readings.

Reactions: Jimmy
I would have but the new forum you can't edit old posts. As Jimmy has mentioned above a new sticky post will be made once there's a few more readings.

Yeah absolutely. Post #5 has the info we're missing at the moment, so if we can get hold of it, then we will start the sticky thread.

Went to Snetterton last week and had the below:

K-tec induction
Scorpion decat
Scorpion resonated system

Had a static reading of 95db apparently