Decisions-decisions

....I've already payed out a deposit on a Clio200.....trouble is I popped into the local Ford dealer on the way home last night on the way home(probably shouldn't have but I'm getting impatient). They have a pristine Focus ST3 (full leather interior, satnav, blue tooth, xenons, etc etc) in Performance Blue on a 59 plate with 2500 miles on it.....this is for the same money as my fully specced up Clio 200! Now I don't know what to do...if I cancel the 200 I will loose £500 but at the same time I would save the showroom tax on the Clio....and I can have the Focus now.....I drove an ST a couple of years ago and they are a great car, but at the same time a completely different drive to a cupped Clio....I know there are a few on this site with or have had an ST so wondered if there is any 'knowledge' out there with respect to the different cars.....had two Clio's now, so should I try an ST or stick with a Clio???

I'm sure the reposne will be a bit bias, but your views are very welcome....

cheers!

I think the ST is a great car and also the 200 but since you have paid your deposit i think its daft! lol plus i see too many ST's and not so many 200/197's just my opinion but go with what feels best for you!

Nashy

I think the ST is a great car and also the 200 but since you have paid your deposit i think its daft! lol plus i see too many ST's and not so many 200/197's just my opinion but go with what feels best for you!

Nashy

yeah...that has crossed my mind. ST's are common place, but not so may ST3's....for the sake of £250 (when you take the show room tax into account) or so I would rather make sure I have the best car for the next few years....but I am leamning towards a Clio because they are pretty rare.....

I haven't driven the ST for any length of time. Just a blast in a friends, so my comments are probably not valid but here goes...

I found the ST too large and dare I say it felt slow because of it. Just didn't feel like you could throw it round like the clio, however straight line you couldn't really complain. In addition, I much prefer the looks of the Clio mainly due to the fact that I dont think the ST looks special (bias). If you were talking Focus RS however, driven one of those as well and very impressed. Again not for any length of time, but feels a lot stiffer and more settled in the corners compared to the ST and it pulls :w00t: .

I dont think you could go wrong with either though to be perfectly honest. My friend loves his ST just as I do my Clio so I suppose its down to preference.

As i said mate you go with what you feel is best its you who is going to live with it for the next x ammount of years its your cash lol!! both superb cars i have friends with st-3's they are the dog's but i love the clio's more just my personal opinion which i dare say most on here will say the same.

Nashy

...Lol...would love an RS Focus....but the bank says no.....and it would be too wide for my garage!!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Garysp2 Clio 197 Area 11
Ben Thompson Wheels and Tyres 41
rosscoe Gallery 21
Colvin1991 Detailing 10
O Clio General Chat 5