Diamondbrite or Supagard?

I have a few days off work shortly and I'm going to give my Nimbus RS197 a good clean and would like to ask for opinions on Diamondbrite and Supagard paint sealants....

My car was Supagarded when new and - to be fair - still looks good after 3-years. The sealant is available for peanuts on ebay as is the 2-pack Diamondbrite equivalent. Has anyone got any thoughts on the usefulness of these products? My plan is to wash and dry the bodywork, touch up any minor chips in the paint, clay bar the whole car and then apply the sealant...

I did my white Cooper 'S' a few years ago with Supagard 100+ and it came up really well...:thumbup:

Any comments? Are there better products out there for similar money? [either option will cost less that £20]

I'm going to be honest here and from experience I'd say neither. If the car isn't prepped well (i.e - full polish) then your finish won't be great and if you aren't happy with it then it's going to be a bit of a pain in the rear to rectify.

For nimbus I would recommend the Jeffs Acrylic kit. I've forgotten how much it is but check out the Polished Bliss website and see what you think. Far better than the likes of Diamondbrite and Supagaurd only slightly more expensive.

I'd say neither as well.

Just stay on top with the cleaning using quality products and the results will be just as good.

Thanks guys...I'm never sure if these 'miracle products' are worthwhile but I can see why they'd work best on a well prepped brand new car....

I'll investigate the other options of Jeff's and Dodo Juice to see what they offer...

Thanks guys...I'm never sure if these 'miracle products' are worthwhile but I can see why they'd work best on a well prepped brand new car....

I'll investigate the other options of Jeff's and Dodo Juice to see what they offer...

Personally I'd stay away from Dodo Juice. Their waxes just don't live up to word/expectations on Durability, even Supernatural.

Fact is though - us detailers tend to disagree on practically every product!

Personally I'd stay away from Dodo Juice. Their waxes just don't live up to word/expectations on Durability, even Supernatural.

I agree with you :smile: On both counts!

Dodo is the buzz word for enthusiast detailers who normally haven't tried much else other than AG or Megs. It's decent, but you can do better...

Lol Ive just started on Dodo and I think its brilliant, I would never proclaim to be a detailer but I clean my car enough and it works well enough for me! As has been said before wax isn't the important component its more about the prep, if you find something that you feel works well for you and meets your needs then its great!

Like I said my car was SupaGarded when new (3 years ago) and either (i) the interior has been very well looked after or (ii) the claims are valid. The seats are in great condition with no marks and very little wear to the drivers seat after 22,000 miles (as it should be !!). The paint still shines and there are very few swirls in the finish...

My plan is to wash, dry, touch in the worst stone chips, clay bar, pre-glaze and glaze (with Diamondbrite) as soon as the weather improves. What harm can that do?

I certainly wouldn't pay dealer prices for Diamondbrite treatment but for £20 it can't be bad....

I sell supagard as a product at work and i've just applied it to my new clio 200, the interior product is definetely worth the effort to help keep the interior clean. On the Paintwork your putting a polymer sealant on it which helps seal the paint and protect it.

I then still wash, dry and protect my car with the best products available, Zaino, Dodo, collinite, chemical guys and few other bits and bobs. Just need a Foam lance to complete my set.