Dumdums RS200 cup

image.jpg So these arrived today :smile: will get em fitted at work while it’s quiet tomorrow... I wrote the technical note on for torque settings :wink:

what size are they??
10mm spacers, I do wonder if you could get them made in thicker as it’s only a shim in effect... I didn’t take a before shot, but it looks better even at standard cup ride height and doesn’t load bearings up like spacers would by moving the centre of the wheel away from the centre of the bearing :smile: happy with the 20mm wider overall track :smile: I also threadlocked the bolts as the originals were also...

E39E8C48-4A61-4199-B5D3-E967F190F9C7.jpeg

this is something i would have gone for if i needed a wider track..good job..
Only took an hr to fit, drop dampers off and suspension just dropped down enough to get the impact gun on the four 18mm bolts, otherwise they’d take an age with a spanner... think any fine thread threadlocked bolt you’ve ever undone!...

I dropped caliper carriers off and cable tied them to the top of the rear dampers...

Undo the abs wiring from its rubber grommet clip and the clip next to the brake pipe

I also unclipped the brake pipe from the plastic clip nearest the hub to allow the axle to drop a little more from the calipers and carriers

Hardest bit was juggling the hubs while cleaning the axle end and the hub mating faces, surprisingly the new longer bolts (10mm Allen key) went in nice and easy with a dewalt 10.8v bit driver with a 10mm Allen key bit, then torqued up to 105nm

Bolt caliper carrier back on and refit damper, fairly straight forward

Definitely worth dropping both dampers off together and allowing axle to rest in a natural position on its bushes, although I did drop some big cable ties through the damper and the axle as I didn’t initially know how far it would drop, as it was mine fell about 1.5-2” and just stayed there

I thought about taking pics but I was technically at work, next time the wheels are off I’ll take pics of them on :wink:

As did the filthiest wheels I’ve ever seen, I think there previous owners mum ran off with a kerb and he sought revenge :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

7F3E20DE-C28A-4276-9381-F0EDBE77E4DD.jpeg 1975E4F6-1A34-448E-AB64-3E40EDAD1612.jpeg B4B75F99-B7ED-4B2B-83F0-78A8B049206F.jpeg

They look loads better for a scrub up! However they will be getting filled and go metallic grey... maybe Peugeot 407 grey as it has a nice metallic in it :smile: or even 406 cosmos grey like my old coupe! That would be a nice touch I reckon...

Reactions: Benno and Micah
Only took an hr to fit, drop dampers off and suspension just dropped down enough to get the impact gun on the four 18mm bolts, otherwise they’d take an age with a spanner... think any fine thread threadlocked bolt you’ve ever undone!...

I did this on my Mk3 and took me 3 hours! I'd rather do 10 years in the Gulag...

I did this on my Mk3 and took me 3 hours! I'd rather do 10 years in the Gulag...
I’m used to working on French cars and have a two poster in our workshop which has been used for official work jobs approx once I can remember, we only got it as someone dropped a car on someone with a jack (he was fine!) and health and safety threw a wobbler, it’s very handy for personal jobs though :smile:

I also have my toolbox here full of spanner’s, sockets, screwdrivers etc! So I am probably a bit better equipped than average joe :wink:

image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg

Can’t beat having proper tools for the job! And a dewalt cordless impact gun... that again we don’t actually use but someone needed one for a job on his car so we got one... :smiley:

Reactions: Sean197 and Pav
good job..dont mind the paint on them???
Nowt thinners won’t clean off :smile: but, 3-4mm isn’t any good for rain tyres anyway, nearly dead, got three and that’s the worst, the other two will be saved as puncture replacements should I need a get out of jail free card, will be wearing rainsport 3’s once painted

Reactions: Pav