Electric The Future?

RossWoods93

Cuckmeister General
Platinum Member
So a good mate of mine turns up with his BMW i3 begging to take me for a spin...

And I'm stood there looking at this strange box like car thinking "why on earth does he want to take me in this?"

I have to say it though (and I feel dirty stating such a thing!) but I was seriously impressed! 0-60 in this thing has to be the most bizarre sensation I've had... seemingly what felt to be pulling as hard as my Clio, whilst not hearing an engine screaming at the front!

I'm just speechless how a car that resemble an OAP's Hyundai i10, has impressed me performance wise...

After instantly getting back into my Clio, and starting the engine, I soon snapped out of these crazy thoughts that I'd go electric!

Just don't think I could walk away from the sound of screaming engine!

130d58b10886bad57efffbb2b06759a9.jpg

Reactions: Big Ben
So a good mate of mine turns up with his BMW i3 begging to take me for a spin...

And I'm stood there looking at this strange box like car thinking "why on earth does he want to take me in this?"

I have to say it though (and I feel dirty stating such a thing!) but I was seriously impressed! 0-60 in this thing has to be the most bizarre sensation I've had... seemingly what felt to be pulling as hard as my Clio, whilst not hearing an engine screaming at the front!

I'm just speechless how a car that resemble an OAP's Hyundai i10, has impressed me performance wise...

After instantly getting back into my Clio, and starting the engine, I soon snapped out of these crazy thoughts that I'd go electric!

Just don't think I could walk away from the sound of screaming engine!

130d58b10886bad57efffbb2b06759a9.jpg

I've been 'lucky' enough to go in an i8 (Very briefly) and a Tesla. The latter requires brain retraining when you step out. Its mind-warping....

I also know Nissan are intending bringing out a Hybrid Skyline - which im sure will be hugely-hugely entertaining.

But in this case....thankyou for the report.....but you can tell your friend - "I'm sorry" Ross. On looks alone i wouldn't entertain an i3 if it did the standing quarter in 4 seconds flat and gave me a BJ at the end.

That is the epitome of anonymous, middle-class and character less 'transport'. And i say transport - because that isnt a car in my eyes. Which is something that incites, and stirs and creates emotions. The only thing that would incite me to is violence :smile:

**Back in the Clio or anything with a real engine it is for me and for you bud :smile:

Reactions: RossWoods93
[QUOTE="sevenfourate, post: 651950, member: 54245"
But in this case....thankyou for the report.....but you can tell your friend - "I'm sorry" Ross. On looks alone i wouldn't entertain an i3 if it did the standing quarter in 4 seconds flat and gave me a BJ at the end.
[/QUOTE]

Haha that cracked me up!

It's a truly disgusting car on visuals, almost verging on Fiat Multipla level, and it definitely turns heads for the wrong reasons! And trust me it's certainly not made for throwing the front end into an apex haha

But it just gave me a glimpse of what performance wise, electric is capable of! There's a very long road to go if I was to even think of one day purchasing an electric car, but I will say it's impressed me!

Plus on my journeys I rely too much on Shell points and freebies to not own a petrol car anyway!

Reactions: sevenfourate
You can't deny the performance of these electric vehicles, and as you've proved Ross and Shuv, you have to try it before you write it off! It does seem like it's going to the the future of motoring (whether in whole, or hybrid), which is sad from a car-lovers perspective - turbo-charging everything seems bad enough, but electric could eventually wipe out the ICE forever :sob:

Don't knock it til you've tried it Ross!
Good that you've had the "electric"experience. Nearest I've come is the dodgems at the local fair:wink:

As for never buying one.... you sir are young enough that you'll probably have no choice in the future!!

I will be long dead...:grinning:

Reactions: RossWoods93