'Elephant Racing' Ban

Paul

Platinum Member
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/a...sletters&uid=80dcae117524ffcbd714e640b392d7c5

I know, I know, I was a little confused by the title too.

TBH this is something I have wanted since I began driving I see no point for lorries to overtake unless it is to pass an exceptional load. I went over the A66 not too long back and there were 2 lorries sat side by side for over 10 miles on a stretch of dual carriageway. I cant help but feel that they cause half of the problems on the motorway too; traffic jams, crashes...

Dont get me wrong, like everything it is the minority which spoil it for the majority but if they are unable to use their own judgement of when it suitable, or not, to overtake then I completely back the idea of making the decision for them.
Oh and while they are at it there should be a ban for people who sit in the middle lane lol :thumbup:

Sorry! But the rant is now over :001_rolleyes:

Hear Hear...I was on the A34 yesterday behind a Tesco lorry tring to overtake a Asda lorry in a race of the supermarkets!!! They just had to do it on the uphill stretch leaving a huggggge queue behind and many angry people including me!

As for middle lane drivers too, please when I overtake you (which is inevitable) and then pull accross to the left hand lane, and indicate again and again...you should follow suit!!!!

...bout time they did this. A permanent countrywide ban is essential....should include 3lane motorways as well IMO....

before this stupidity is futher extended driving on motorways should be part of the driving test for car drivers

also middle lane hoggers should also be sorted before this along with those that sit in the outside lane of dual carrageways

They have this trial on the A42. Sadly all the Polish and Latvian drivers cant understand the signs...

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Robo_#1 Detailing 37