Engine block info

Arch

Paid Member
Trying to make a decision on whether to turn myn197 into a full blown at car or sell it.
I would need to get somewhere between 350 wheel horse power from a turbo unit. I could fit a Megan conversion and forge the engine.
I am curious about the blocks, from my nolder xperience racing Impreza's he blocks ar the week point in most turbo competition engines running high boost (2.0 bar). Has anyone linered a Clio block with thick wall liners ?

Everything above 300 on the front wheels is just nuts. This is coming from somebody that owns this gem here.

But if you really need to have more. There are guys in the German community that have Meganes with 325+ hp and they don't seem to have much or any problems with the blocks at all. I have no infos about linered blocks though.

I've never heard of a turbo conversion of the normal (NA) F4R engine so far but we've a supercharged Mk2 with 300+ over here.

There is a lad running 400bhp in his 200 he’s called Owen, lives up here in the proper north somewhere, but some one may put you on to him as I don’t think he does forums ect

just searched for clioturbo.co.uk , and they seemed to have disappeared ,

they would of been the port of call to ask about the blocks

Thanks for all the replies, theproblem is the weight of these cars even stripped and caged I think you would be at 1050kg, for what I want to do I would need just under 350 WHP/tonne with me in the car and with fuel. I really don't think that is achievable

its a cast iron block and very strong as standard... of all the ones we had in never had to fit liners for big turbo power

Reactions: Pav
That opens another question, if there are no issues with the Clio blocks why do a Megan conversion or is it just because it's an easier packaged transplant

Thanks for all the replies, theproblem is the weight of these cars even stripped and caged I think you would be at 1050kg, for what I want to do I would need just under 350 WHP/tonne with me in the car and with fuel. I really don't think that is achievable

I really think it is achievable ,
im sure if you hunt andy from clio turbo he can shed some light on your situation
but like i said they arnt in on the internet or FB anymore , but there is past posts from him on other forums ,

Guy who used to be on here ran 400bhp with a forged 200 engine. And rs tuning did an r26r which ran high 400s.

that's it..it's easier to put a meg lump in..sure you would be fine running 350 bhp on a forged engine..

The German user steqpenwolf who's also active here is down to 1073 kg with a full tank.

Reactions: tombate911
If you think that's unreal then check this out.

And that wasn't even the final stage of the engine build up. It should be close to 1k now. :wink:

Reactions: Benno