1 = Engine
2 = Cooling radiator
3 = Heater radiator
4 = Expansion bottle
5 = Coolant pump
6 = thermostat
7 = Bleed screw
8 = Engine oil cooler

What is the water flow direction if the thermostat is closed? Only over Nr. 3 (1 - 3 - 5 - 1)?

What would happen if i remove Nr. 3 and block this circuit? I have no stock heater inside the car (rallycar).

Thanks,

Marius

Last edited:
Don't block the circuit - joint the 2 pipes together so water can still flow round circuit. Bit pipe - 2 jubilee clips - done.

Sorry for there post resurrection, but why can't the pipes be blocked off? Why does the water still need to circulate?

Understood - Going to see if it's possible to join the lower pipe directly to the back of the thermostat rather than linking them both with a 180 deg bend.

Hi - I have already just done the same thing with my track car and removed the whole air distribution unit - I cut the pipes in the engine bay that lead inside the car to heater matrix and then I used alloy blanking plugs. I haven't joined the pipes as didn't think this would be an issue given it is just water flow for the heater. However Northloopcup has got me a bit worried with his comment. I haven't run the car yet as it is still in bits.

So have you resolved this? I was thinking about a 180 connector to join the two pipes but couldn't find any small enough as the pipes are fairly close together.

I am doing the same but slightly different way. Just ordered a 180 deg silicone connector and some alloy tube and I am going to join them that way, as because I have cut them shorter already I don't have much gap between the two pipes so need a tighter radius connector. Silicone looks tighter radius than the alloy one.