Engine Dynamics 197/200 Upcoming Turbo Convertion Kits

aaron-rs197

Paid Member
Had this email back from them:

Thank you for your interest.

Initial estimations are for an entry level kit that comes in a around £3K - £3.5k fitted and return around 240 BHP.

I will contact you once we have some more info.

Best Regards

Andy

anyone else considering this as an alternative to megging? looks to be around the same cost as meg conv. but without having to source second hand parts etc. i'm quite tempted to start saving for this. im not looking for big power but just a bit more torque would be nice. any thoughts on these guys as a company and their workmanship?

http://www.engine-dynamics.com/Turbo/pid100340/cid119/ClioSport197/200TurboConversionKits.asp

I wouldn't trust it, the meg conversions have been tried and tested for a while now. I'd wait a bit until these kits have been tested for a while to see how good they are in the long run IMO

I think i will probably wait a while as with most things like this, its best to stand back and watch how other people get on first. i was thinking maybe 6-12 months after they start selling just to be sure.

I'd looked into this rather than the meg conversion it's different and uses all new parts, if it's been out a while on the 172/182 I can't see it needing much ironing out either, I think I'd choose it over the meg conversion just to be different and against the grain lol

I'd looked into this rather than the meg conversion it's different and uses all new parts, if it's been out a while on the 172/182 I can't see it needing much ironing out either, I think I'd choose it over the meg conversion just to be different and against the grain lol

im much the same mate!! Nothing wrong with being different. I think the meg conv will always be the more extreme option though. Ive had the privilige of a ride in leeboys 200 and that thing is an animal! I just like the idea of keeping as much of the original car as possible using new parts supplied and fitted by the same company.

I'm another one who would prefer this option instead of attempting to source a megane engine (Which you have no idea of how it's been treated) and all the other 2nd hand parts.

I can't see there being many issues with this kit tbh, as said above, it's been done to the 172/182's for years now.

can someone tell me why would this be any different to a Megan conversion, both engines will be 2000cc and turbo'd?

Cams, compression, head flow... The list goes on.

different power delivery etc

Last edited:
I would rather Meg the Clio...much more potential.

If the kit was £3-3.5k fitted and return around 300 BHP I would seriously consider this kit given in mind that all of the parts are new.

I'll definitely be looking at this sort of package / option in a year or two. Not looking to go against the grain, but I really like the idea of not having to source Meg parts and for the cost, could be the ideal pick-me-up the car will be looking for once the 4+ servicing is up!

Trouble with this kit is your hitting the brick wall immediately! Meg conversion will me a tad more expensive but you can get 300bhp immediately. 240 isnt a lot to be honest, it seems like night and day over a standard car but your going to be running a really low boost setting which will not seem that fast in reality. Then youll want more and probably wish you spent 1k more and got 300 bhp. My 2p :smile:

Unless you can source a decent meg engine, this kit sounds like a good alternative. Been heard that coz many people is megging the clios, it is quite hard to come across one. remembering that you are looking for a meg that is being hit at the back and totaled, or unless you can buy a fully functional meg and take the engine out.

Really though? There are still plenty of 200's that are within warranty and could end up being turbo'd in a few years.

agreed but why would you use block which is at its limits @ just over 200 bh when for the same amount of money you could have a block which is good to 300bhp for the same money ?

If they bought this out when they originally started talking about the conversions then it would have been a different story altogether.

Because i'd much rather work with the engine I currently have and know the history rather than one taken from a crashed car!

Similar Thread Suggestions