Engine Dynamics 197/200 Upcoming Turbo Convertion Kits

Each to their own. I think it's great having different approaches. Although, 3.5k feels like a lot of money and on the road not sure it will equate to feeling that much quicker.

What ECU would they use? Can the OE Clio ECU be remapped to run boost? Or would they swap to a Meg ECU?

Didn't Ktec try making a turbo kit for the 197 however fell into difficulty with the ecu . I remember they couldn't get the turbo to work without using a piggy back ecu. So then they just went down the supercharger route. Might be wrong though

Also Thers no messy wires and splicing looms like on the meg conversion, once you start choping into looms and joining wires your asking for trouble IMO,I get what mats saying if you've looked after your engine and serviced regular etc you know everything's ok and trust it's reliability, yeah the meg has more power potential but the bolt on kit still gives 40-50bhp to the standard car so it's not bad for the money I supose, plus everyone likes shiney new parts lol

I think its a good idea this kit - Gives people some options.

With the meg engine, there isn't many places that'll do a drive in/out turn key conversion for you, and those that do are ££££ and even then what sort of comeback have you got if you get problem with a used engine with limited history.

I agree these kits are good for the people that want a quick upgrade that will take little set up and install time. However i see my clio as a project and therefore the forged meg conversion is the way to go. You get much more bang for the buck, as I have bought a whole engine, forged con rods, pistons, inconel valves, uprated srpings, helix clutch, arp bolts, 250 turbo (Will be upgraded once the engine is bedded in) for 3.5k so all i need is to install it, which ill try and do myself. Splicing the loom doesnt look to tricky, just have to change a few pin positions etc

My work moved in to the unit next door to these guys last month, always have 182 and 172 with there engine out being worked on, they seem to have a really good reputation on these cars

I was going to go talk to them about looking at some bits on my 200, so will also see if i can get some more in site into this conversion kit.

what compression they using???

wouldn't want to use standard c/r with standard 197/200 rods + turbo...I don't think they are that strong :coffee:

and its not as if its di either for a bit of added protection

I agree these kits are good for the people that want a quick upgrade that will take little set up and install time. However i see my clio as a project and therefore the forged meg conversion is the way to go. You get much more bang for the buck, as I have bought a whole engine, forged con rods, pistons, inconel valves, uprated srpings, helix clutch, arp bolts, 250 turbo (Will be upgraded once the engine is bedded in) for 3.5k so all i need is to install it, which ill try and do myself. Splicing the loom doesnt look to tricky, just have to change a few pin positions etc

Why didn't you just forge the clio engine?

I thought the Megane crank was better and the cams etc suited for the turbo, over the Clio lump?

i think he's stuck with forging the meg as it was a complete engine, and he's been able to sell the n/a lump, rather than pulling 2 engines apart.

Last edited:
what compression they using???

wouldn't want to use standard c/r with standard 197/200 rods + turbo...I don't think they are that strong :coffee:

and its not as if its di either for a bit of added protection

Their 182 turbo kits are very good and proven so i would imagine that it would follow closely and use forged Pec low compression pistons and forged rods. Using the std head gasket would produce a compression ratio of 8.8:1. you could take that down using thicker head gaskets if you wished.

Their 182 turbo kits are very good and proven so i would imagine that it would follow closely and use forged Pec low compression pistons and forged rods. Using the std head gasket would produce a compression ratio of 8.8:1. you could take that down using thicker head gaskets if you wished.

sounds better!

it did read like it was a standard engine running with a low psi boost from the turbo...

Similar Thread Suggestions