Engine start issues...

Hi Guys
I'm new to this forum, never posted on a website before, but I'm at a loss as to what is wrong with my shit box clio.
Only bought the car 2 weeks ago, the guy I bought the car off had jammed something in the engine manifold to hide the hole.
So I ended up tackling the manifold change myself, absolute ball ache, problem is, I didn't disconnect the battery and earthed the starter. School boy error I know.
Well I've fitted the manifold now but the car won't start.
Can't here the start solinoid clicking.
I'd really appreciate any help as I'm starting to loose my rag with it...
Thanks
Baz

I'm no expert but have you checked all the fuses?
Yeah
I've checked all the fuses under next to the battery box and all the fuses next to the steering wheel, All the lights are on the dash board but when you turn the key nothing...could it be a relay

Does it have the built in fuse in battery terminal? Check for 12v at starter when cranking. If nothing then you've blown the fuse

Ok so
I've put a meter across the red wire and the white wire and it's showing a constant 11.8 v without cranking

Attachments

• IMG_0913.JPG
    IMG_0913.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
Thanx for you input guys, ended up with the car in bits.
I found a 25 amp fuse hidden under a cover at the bottom of the fuse box, the one under the air box.
It had blown.
So that's a new manifold fitted, engine oil/filter changed, gear box oil changed, door hinges replaced on drivers door, front seats replaced with refurbished ones, spent a bloody fortune...
Might sell it now haha