Exhaust Flexi's for RS 200 Silverstone GP (2011)

Hi All,

I need to get a flexi replaced and am wondering whether anyone knows what size I need to get? I've seen people mention Bosal 265-567 as a possible solution? Is that accurate. I'm pretty stumped at the minute and there's no way I want to go down the manifold route as I've had it confirmed that there's nothing wrong with the manifold.

Any help would be much appreciated

Hi All,

I need to get a flexi replaced and am wondering whether anyone knows what size I need to get? I've seen people mention Bosal 265-567 as a possible solution? Is that accurate. I'm pretty stumped at the minute and there's no way I want to go down the manifold route as I've had it confirmed that there's nothing wrong with the manifold.

Any help would be much appreciated

Its in my build thread 'somewhere' (Link below and pretty early on ?)

***EDIT: Page 6 :smile:

I bought two pairs when this initially occurred. The Bosal items and another make.

I ended up going with the 'others'. Looked and felt better quality. And were a better fit that the bosal part. And i had both types in my hands side-by-side. Plenty have used the Bosals though....so i'm sure they'll be 'just fine'.

Reactions: Magg1wise

I bought two pairs when this initially occurred. The Bosal items and another make.

I ended up going with the 'others'. Looked and felt better quality. And were a better fit that the bosal part. And i had both types in my hands side-by-side. Plenty have used the Bosals though....so i'm sure they'll be 'just fine'.

Hey, thanks for the reply... couldn't see a link, can you help me out with that bit?

Much appreciated

Reactions: sevenfourate
The link to my build thread is right at the bottom of my posts in Black. The one where its says: Progress thread :smile:

And the flexi's i thought were better quality (And i'm an Engineer by trade if it means anything) are here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-4-Exh...hash=item4aa7bc1865:m:mMHN_61GfMau3uAK4rUKq2Q

The only bad news is - i then went Toyo manifold / Scorpion system shortly afterwards; so can comment on longevity !

Thanks ever so much, that's a great help. Did they 'seem' to work? And apologies about the build bit, am new to this so I didn't get it to start with.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Thanks ever so much, that's a great help. Did they 'seem' to work? And apologies about the build bit, am new to this so I didn't get it to start with.

To me the construction seemed better, they felt heavier duty, and the corrugated part inside seemed more upto the task.

The Bosals were also a really tight squeeze when dry-fitted up (Not that it's an issue i dont suppose).

They went on and welded in fine. And were doing great up until i then had a change of direction.

I doubt there's very much in it and either will more than do the job im sure. Small differences - and if you're at all unsure - go with the tried and test Bosal part that many-many have used and been happy with. Either wont 'survive' forever.

You know about uprated Polybushes on the engine mounts to further protect the flexi's do you ?

****The whole reason the flexi's eventually go - being that the engine does have what most consider 'excessive' movement - causing the flexi's to be under too much 'load' and movement. A stiffer set of engine / gearbox mounts easing that pressure and keeping the engine more solid.....meaning the flexi's actually flex less are won't be prone to splitting further down the line.

Loads and loads of info here on it. Just use the search facility.