Exhaust overrun bang

I've just driven my 197 very swiftly for the first time since I had a remap.(I honestly don't know if it did it before as I bought it fairly recently.)

Booting it up to 6k in second and braking suddenly still in gear at about 2k causes an enormous bang not just a slight pop.

You're all going to tell me that's normal but I fear it's going to damage something -cats/exhaust etc.

Anyone ?

I know -don't drive like that so its no problem!

I've just driven my 197 very swiftly for the first time since I had a remap.(I honestly don't know if it did it before as I bought it fairly recently.)

Booting it up to 6k in second and braking suddenly still in gear at about 2k causes an enormous bang not just a slight pop.

You're all going to tell me that's normal but I fear it's going to damage something -cats/exhaust etc.

Anyone ?

I know -don't drive like that so its no problem!

I don't think there's a single person on this forum that bought a 197 to not drive swiftly, don't worry about that!!

Is it every time? Mine does it occasionally, it just makes me laugh more than anything! I'm used to a burble all the time when off the throttle but once in a while if it's in the same gear for a while it'll burble then when it hits around 2.5k it'll bang quite loudly!

It's unburnt fuel going into the exhaust on overrun, nothing to worry about.

I can imagine that because there is a flat spot they up fuelling when mapping it, hence the larger bang.