200: Exhaust time

Guys,

Forgive me as this has probably been asked lots in the past but... I feel like I need a little more noise from the Clio. It's currently got the KTR/ITG induction and decat and sounds good enough when on full chat but lacks a note on tick over. I had one in the past with the centre section out and that was too loud so looking for a happy medium, what's everyones thought, not Akra as I've spent far to much money on this car already, Scorpion, res vs non res?

Guys,

Forgive me as this has probably been asked lots in the past but... I feel like I need a little more noise from the Clio. It's currently got the KTR/ITG induction and decat and sounds good enough when on full chat but lacks a note on tick over. I had one in the past with the centre section out and that was too loud so looking for a happy medium, what's everyones thought, not Akra as I've spent far to much money on this car already, Scorpion, res vs non res?

If you've already got a decat fitted I'd be going with a Scorpion Resonated system, if you go non res it'll be super loud! I did a lot of research before I dropped on my Akra at a good price and that's the setup I would've had.

Mine has the ebay special with center silencer, I think it's the direnza variant. Sounds great, and for the price you can't complain. The tips are nice too.

I have the Akra - its lovely, heard @Benno996 scorpion and its got a nice rumble to it definately a good upgrade on these cars, standard they just lack that 'sound'..or any sound for that matter.

Reactions: Benno
Scorpion resonated, hands down. It's a cracking sound with a nice burble on idle and a good throaty noise at high revs, Ktec induction kit assists with that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: kevlar
My mate has the Toyo system you can find on eBay for £250 and he really rates it. He fitted my Scorpion and he said the quality is no worse

Reactions: Sean197
Ktr non res and decat along with the ktr induction makes some racket! Lol

Christ..that with the KTR manifold would be a noise[emoji23]

non res for me..not too loud but can get a bit droney on motorways...maybe a ktr cat back..sounds brill imo..

I'm running scorpion resonated catback, Decat and KTEC manifold. It sounds epic and properly bangs on upshifts, I do think it needs some induction noise but I would personally go for either a scorpion res or save up for an akra, I probably should have gone for the akra.

I'm running scorpion resonated catback, Decat and KTEC manifold. It sounds epic and properly bangs on upshifts, I do think it needs some induction noise but I would personally go for either a scorpion res or save up for an akra, I probably should have gone for the akra.

Any chance of a video of it? I'm toying with a Ktec manifold for mine thanks to @kevlar [emoji23] would like to hear the difference!

Reactions: James17
Thanks all. As much as I like the Akra I don't need to spend that much on the exhaust, Scorpion resonated will be ordered today.
The wheels are off the car at the moment and the brake callipers are been painted in Porsche Acid Green!

Reactions: Micah and kevlar
Thanks all. As much as I like the Akra I don't need to spend that much on the exhaust, Scorpion resonated will be ordered today.
The wheels are off the car at the moment and the brake callipers are been painted in Porsche Acid Green!

We need to see some photos of the car when completed.

im sure you know but there are lots of diff vids on youtube/vimeo..thing with all the vids online is that it doesnt tell you how a particular exhaust system sounds in a real life..
best to listen in the flesh..hence good to be a part of meets etc..:thumb:

im sure you know but there are lots of diff vids on youtube/vimeo..thing with all the vids online is that it doesnt tell you how a particular exhaust system sounds in a real life..
best to listen in the flesh..hence good to be a part of meets etc..:thumb:

Yeah I know what you mean, if anything I'm sort of trying to put myself off the KTR Manifold..[emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk