Extra Stripey Gordini - Recaro pics added

Ok so time for a bit of a rant...

When I had the idea for 355mm discs I ran it past Reyland who said it should work but it hadn't been done before so there might be some learnings to be made. No problem, worth the pain I thought for something different. On trying to secure the sale they promised the earth, send us the spacers and bolts and we'll make you custom ones, we'll even turn it round the same day they said. This is a bit of r&d so they'd do what they could to help.

Fast forward a few weeks and those gremlins rear their heads. The spacer is not big enough and so we need a larger one. Remembering my earlier conversation, this should not be an issue I thought. This is when the problems started. "Well we're a bit busy at the moment, not sure we can do anything in the next week." Reminding them of their earlier pledge, they agreed I could have something late in the week. "But you need to send the old brackets back first." Maybe they have discovered I am an extremely shifty character who does what he can to fund his heroin habit by selling bits he can scheme off unsuspecting vendors on eBay. This despite spending over £600 to net this score. I offered to put a deposit down on the new brackets as a gesture of good faith. Nope. They needed them back. I had to even provide evidence of tracking.

Having followed their demands, I called them this morning to confirm and was greeted with such a cheery tone where it was apparent they were pleased to hear my voice. I asked for an update and they reluctantly agreed to call me at the end of the day to let me know if my brackets were ready. I would have emailed them but they have yet to respond to a single email.

After the call unsurprisingly failed to materialise, I made the dreaded mistake of calling them. They were not happy! I was given a bollocking for having the nerve to waste their time again and they told me companies would go bust if they had customers like me taking up their time.

Well Reyland, go fuck yourselves. If you can't follow up in what you previously agreed you don't deserve customers. For those not yet running their brakes, try someone else who gives a shit about their customers.

Last edited:
Well Reyland, go fuck yourselves. If you can't follow up in what you previously agreed you don't deserve customers. For those not yet running their brakes, try someone else who gives a shit about their customers.

Yep, I was already thinking this before finishing reading. And it's not a rant, just an honest appraisal of a company you've dealt with. Do you have another company in mind for the brackets you need?

Reactions: Gordini
Yep, I was already thinking this before finishing reading. And it's not a rant, just an honest appraisal of a company you've dealt with. Do you have another company in mind for the brackets you need?
Haha, we'll see if they still post them out after reading this :smile: If not, I think we can use a two piece spacer so I should be fine :smile:

Like your style.

Cutting off your nose to spite your face: with adversity looming and a bad taste in your mouth; is just what I'd do too.

And long-long after I've read of any good things about them on the net - shall I continue to recite this post.

'No such thing as bad advertising' ? I think not....

Never fails to amaze me the lack of foresight companies continue to display ref poor service and the power of the internet.

Same as many others in that all went well upto the point they had your dosh.

Losers.....

Reactions: kevlar and Gordini
first of all,im sorry to hear this Simon..sucks when the other party doesnt deliver
second of all,glad people speak up..we should be heard..so agree with your honest review..

hope they fulfill their promises and you have your kit ready to go on soon..

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words pals. I think I'd be happier to have bought shitty brakes from a really nice guy rather than a nice set from a couple of blokes that probably would have knee-capped me given the chance.

Thanks for the kind words pals. I think I'd be happier to have bought shitty brakes from a really nice guy rather than a nice set from a couple of blokes that probably would have knee-capped me given the chance.

I'd rather jamn my foot in the spokes to stop: like I did on my BMX than use Reyland.

Nothing gets my beef more than shat customer service.....

I'd rather jamn my foot in the spokes to stop: like I did on my BMX than use Reyland.

Nothing gets my beef more than shat customer service.....
Haha i did just that when i was 13 and came close to dying! Spent a few weeks in hospital and had a major lifesaving op.

When I had the idea for 355mm discs I ran it past Reyland who said it should work but it hadn't been done before so there might be some learnings to be made. No problem, worth the pain I thought for something different. On trying to secure the sale they promised the earth, send us the spacers and bolts and we'll make you custom ones, we'll even turn it round the same day they said. This is a bit of r&d so they'd do what they could to help.

Fast forward a few weeks and those gremlins rear their heads. The spacer is not big enough and so we need a larger one. Remembering my earlier conversation, this should not be an issue I thought. This is when the problems started. "Well we're a bit busy at the moment, not sure we can do anything in the next week." Reminding them of their earlier pledge, they agreed I could have something late in the week. "But you need to send the old brackets back first." Maybe they have discovered I am an extremely shifty character who does what he can to fund his heroin habit by selling bits he can scheme off unsuspecting vendors on eBay. This despite spending over £600 to net this score. I offered to put a deposit down on the new brackets as a gesture of good faith. Nope. They needed them back. I had to even provide evidence of tracking.

Having followed their demands, I called them this morning to confirm and was greeted with such a cheery tone where it was apparent they were pleased to hear my voice. I asked for an update and they reluctantly agreed to call me at the end of the day to let me know if my brackets were ready. I would have emailed them but they have yet to respond to a single email.

After the call unsurprisingly failed to materialise, I made the dreaded mistake of calling them. They were not happy! I was given a bollocking for having the nerve to waste their time again and they told me companies would go bust if they had customers like me taking up their time.

Not sure if you have been following my thread on the disc kit I've just put on mine, I had had some spacers made for my Clio they are custom made on a two day turn around. If you are stuck and know the thickness of the spacer you need I'll adjust my CAD drawing and I'll get Compbrake to make you up the brackets if you have issues with Reyland. I'm sure they'll be happy to help you out as their customer service is great and they are now using my design to make a bolt on brake kit for then clios.

Last edited:
Not sure if you have been following my thread on the disc kit I've just put on mine, I had had some spacers made for my Clio they are custom made on a two day turn around. If you are stuck and know the thickness of the spacer you need I'll adjust my CAD drawing and I'll get Compbrake to make you up the brackets if you have issues with Reyland. I'm sure they'll be happy to help you out as their customer service is great.
Thanks mate, will let you know :smile:

Such a pity Simon after your initial posts about their willingness to make customised parts. Customer service appears to have taken a downturn. I truly hope you can resolve this speedily & I'm still looking forward to seeing the car on 2nd April.

Shocking to hear that.

What's more shocking is that a company like that who will rely on owners of cars like this to make there business bloom are willing to risk talking to customers like that.

Well it's backfired as 100s of people are going to see this and think twice.

Shocking to hear that.

What's more shocking is that a company like that who will rely on owners of cars like this to make there business bloom are willing to risk talking to customers like that.

Well it's backfired as 100s of people are going to see this and think twice.
well the thing is I wont have to think twice now...

I do not have your patience Simon I'd be going nutzzzzzzzzzzzz @Gordini
I know what you mean Kev and, last year, I probably would have felt the same. But after the let down with the hydrodipping guy who left me without the car for close to 3 months late last year, this is a mere drop in the ocean of annoyance. Whatever the outcome, I will have the car back in time for the breakfast meet and that is what's important :smile: