F1 season 2016 comments here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad, Maldonado had been booted and Magnusson given a seat along side Palmer! Should be a interesting season for Renault sport F1! Shame Grosjean left! The new car looks stunning tho!

Sorry to see Crashtor go to be honest. But happy to see Li'l Kev get a proper seat.

Seems like that RS16 was just pretty much a 2015 Lotus with a different livery for the launch of the team, not the car. So chances are it will look quite different come the start of the season.

Shame though, I think it looks stunning.

I'm looking forward to the new season, not long to go now!

It is a shame to see Maldonado go - he wasn't a great driver, but he brought a bit of personality to the paddock and a fair bit of comedy!

Agreed, glad that Magnussen got a drive too, I didn't think he got enough of a chance to prove himself last time out.

Also looking forward to see what Channel 4 do with the coverage on 'normal' tv!

Also looking forward to see what Channel 4 do with the coverage on 'normal' tv!

Really hoping they do a good job as I'm about to cancel my Sky so I won't have another option!

DC's company should make a good go of it though I reckon.

I always liked the BBC coverage, even the highlights shows were good as they showed the majority of the race - it never felt like they had edited too much out. Hopefully C4 will be more of the same.

I really rate DC as a presenter - I didn't know he owned a production company until I'd read about it, but I'm sure they'll do a good job.

Glad Maldonado has gone! Im surprised he lasted as long as he did, KMag definitely deserved his seat. Just need Kimi to go next, most overrated driver on the grid.
Would be nice for 2017 season if Kimi/Massa retired, Bottas went to ferarri and Williams got 2 fresh new drivers in. Reckon Button may retire at end of this year aswell which would be nice to see Vandoorne alongside Alonso in a well sorted Mclaren.

Excited for this year! Hope Renault do well and Mclaren-Honda come atleast 3! :thumbup:

Great that Renault scored their first points for the season :smile: hopefully they'll get more over the year. Good for Mclaren getting a double points finish too.

Also quite funny to see Kvyat punting Vettel off and then listening to Seb raging over team radio :smiley:

I think the FIA are getting silly with the reprimands they've given to Hamilton so far - one for reversing a few feet in parc ferme and then second one this weekend for 'not cutting the chicane properly'....stupid decisions, especially as a third reprimand will see him get a 10 place grid penalty...

Well what a complete farce that turned out to be in Mexico! Verstappen finishes third, but then gets penalised; Vettel promoted to third as a result, but then he receives a penalty a few hours later and so Ricciardo finishes third!!

I love F1 and always will, but the rules/penalties situation this year makes a mockery of it all. What's the point in anyone even trying to race anymore, if they just get punished for it?!

And Vettel swearing like a trooper over team radio is well out of order, he is like a spoilt little brat this year.

Can't see Vettel being at Ferrari beyond next season, reckon he'll end up at McLaren for 2018 when Alonso retires. I don't mind the swearing etc. I think it shows he's human and I'd rather that than the drivers be robots, but his constant screaming at other drivers shows he needs to get a grip.
Still hoping Hamilton wins it, can't stand Rosberg, or Red Bull, or Ferrari for that matter.

I'd heard he was at loggerheads with the Ferrari management, so I can see why he wouldn't stay with them for too much longer. I don't mind him getting worked up either, it's good for the comedy value, but I think his rant at Charlie Whiting was a step too far - he knows full well that these messages get broadcast and it doesn't show much respect.

I'm not hating on Vettel, I really do like him and admire him for what he's achieved, but this season he seems to have a sense of entitlement about him. I wonder if it's because he's so highly-regarded at Ferrari that it's gone to his head a bit....

I think he thought he could go to Ferrari and do what Schumacher did. Problem is, Schumacher had Ross Brawn and John Barnard with him, and also Ferrari used their FIA veto massively to gain advantages that they don't have any more.

I'm really annoyed with the rule change for next season though. The cars can't follow each other closely because of the aero, so they go and give them more aero... Just give them simple front and rear wings, loads of power, and big tyres. Something a bit like this:

McLaren-MP-4-4.jpg

d61a737aaf7540daa23048fe4fe6598a.png

Reactions: Jimmy
I just hope Renault get a competive car and driver set-up... I was gutted when kimi left then grosean too...

I hope Hamilton manages to win the title after the season he's had! Looking forward to next year

Reactions: Jimmy
I just hope Renault get a competive car and driver set-up... I was gutted when kimi left then grosean too...

I hope Hamilton manages to win the title after the season he's had! Looking forward to next year
z\

I think Renault will have Magnussen and Ocon next year, can't see that being much of an improvement on this year!

Would rather watch Aussie v8 super cars. at least they make a real noise.

Love the V8's, especially the Volvo, Scott McLaughlin is a great driver.

I've been following the WEC a lot more this year, the racing is great, especially compared to F1.

Love the V8's, especially the Volvo, Scott McLaughlin is a great driver.

I've been following the WEC a lot more this year, the racing is great, especially compared to F1.
Yeah they we're supposed to come to UK last year but didn't. I think they are going v6turbo which maybe a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions