F1 season 2016 comments here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fascinating race. Hamilton did what he could. Very tense last few laps. Congratulations to Rosberg. Sad to see JB finish his last race in such a way. Always been a McLaren fan & haven't had much to cheer about recently. Always been a Button fan too.

Congrats to Rosberg, it was a good race at the end, however it did seem to be a bit of a foregone conclusion.

C4 pundits are giving Hamilton a bit of stick for lacking humility in his post-race interviews. I was surprised that he was so cold towards Rosberg in the room after the race, he did seem to come across as a bit of a sore loser.

Reactions: Johnny 99
Cant express my loathing for that weasel Rosberg. The sun certainly doesnt shine out of hamiltons back side but he is a far superior driver to Rosberg. Ive hardly watched any F1 this season but I'm glad I didnt bother knowing that monkey takes the title. Would be nice if mercedes actually puts a talented driver alongside hamilton next year, not someone who bounces off the back of bad luck of the other teammate.

Reactions: Sean197 and Jimmy
Haha, made me laugh, Chris :smiley:

Although I don't dislike him as much as that, I do think there's a chance he'll be remembered as a slightly 'undeserving' champion. He's been consistent all year and done what he's had to do - summed up by this last race, he was clearly happy for second. He could have gone for the victory when Hamilton slowed down, but he just held position, knowing he was going to be ok. Not a balls-out racer like Hamilton.

I think Verstappen's performance this year helps put it into perspective too - if Max had have been in a Merc, I think he would have really blitzed things, whereas Rosberg just did the minimum, in a far superior car, to beat Hamilton.

Reactions: Johnny 99 and Chris
Haha, made me laugh, Chris :smiley:

Although I don't dislike him as much as that, I do think there's a chance he'll be remembered as a slightly 'undeserving' champion. He's been consistent all year and done what he's had to do - summed up by this last race, he was clearly happy for second. He could have gone for the victory when Hamilton slowed down, but he just held position, knowing he was going to be ok. Not a balls-out racer like Hamilton.

I think Verstappen's performance this year helps put it into perspective too - if Max had have been in a Merc, I think he would have really blitzed things, whereas Rosberg just did the minimum, in a far superior car, to beat Hamilton.

A chance? That will probably be his nickname lol.

Just used the reliable car which is faster than every other bar 1 (and the other one being less reliable) as his sole advantage and its worked. Look at the stats between them and it sais it all. Just surprises me that mercedes who have the best cars for the past 3 years have let it happen.

Reactions: Jimmy
A chance? That will probably be his nickname lol.

Just used the reliable car which is faster than every other bar 1 (and the other one being less reliable) as his sole advantage and its worked. Look at the stats between them and it sais it all. Just surprises me that mercedes who have the best cars for the past 3 years have let it happen.

From a corporate, team point of view, Rosberg is ideal for Mercedes. He is a 'safe' driver - he does what he's told, he toes the line, he is consistent, he performs well, he is very media-friendly, he is wholesome (married with child). He is not a great 'racer', he is a very good driver of a race car - he does his job exactly as he should.

Hamilton has a bit of edge, he rebels, has the tattoos, the bling, the celebrity birds - this attracts younger people to the Mercedes brand, but I'm sure the team wish he was a bit more clean, like Nico. They need them both, for their own, unique approach.

Reactions: Johnny 99
Hamilton ignoring orders and doing things that a few days back said that it'd be unwise to do make me laugh.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...-rosberg-wouldn-t-be-easy-or-wise-853284/?s=1

Him being a disrespectful hypocrite is not news, that's why I massively dislike him even though I was a true supporter when he started racing in F1. What shocks me though is that when an employee defies orders coming from the above which clearly suggests that Mercedes has a serious management issue. They need to sort it out, they need to put him back in his box.

Ham forgets that he won 2 championships with this team yet he would always bad mouth and question his team when things go south for him. Defying Toto's orders in public is embarrassing for the team, i would f*****g box the twat and deal with the media afterwards...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hamilton ignoring orders and doing things that a few days back said that it'd be unwise to do make me laugh.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...-rosberg-wouldn-t-be-easy-or-wise-853284/?s=1

Him being a disrespectful hypocrite is not news, that's why I massively dislike him even though I was a true supporter when he started racing in F1. What shocks me though is that when an employee defies orders coming from the above which clearly suggests that Mercedes has a serious management issue. They need to sort it out, they need to put him back in his box.

Ham forgets that he won 2 championships with this team yet he would always bad mouth and question his team when things go south for him. Defying Toto's orders in public is embarrassing for the team, i would fucking box the twat and deal with the media afterwards...

Yiannis we need to get you elected for Mercedes team disciplinary manager!! Could just imagine you punching Hamilton haha!

Reactions: Yiannis197
Cant express my loathing for that weasel Rosberg. The sun certainly doesnt shine out of hamiltons back side but he is a far superior driver to Rosberg. Ive hardly watched any F1 this season but I'm glad I didnt bother knowing that monkey takes the title. Would be nice if mercedes actually puts a talented driver alongside hamilton next year, not someone who bounces off the back of bad luck of the other teammate.

strong opinions from somebody who "hardly watched any F1 this season".

i sincerely think hamilton is the more talented and faster (by a very small margin) driver of the two, but it takes more than talent and speed to win a championship. i can't help but feel, that rosberg wanted the championship more than hamilton this year. just look at that overtake on verstappen today.

also, to slate your own team which has given you a dominating car for the last three years, is absolutely not done. no class. no class at all.

i can easily see why people support hamilton's gung ho approach more than rosberg's calculated style, but not me. makes sense, since i've always been more of a prost-fan than a senna-fan.

strong opinions from somebody who "hardly watched any F1 this season".

i sincerely think hamilton is the more talented and faster (by a very small margin) driver of the two, but it takes more than talent and speed to win a championship. i can't help but feel, that rosberg wanted the championship more than hamilton this year. just look at that overtake on verstappen today.

also, to slate your own team which has given you a dominating car for the last three years, is absolutely not done. no class. no class at all.

i can easily see why people support hamilton's gung ho approach more than rosberg's calculated style, but not me. makes sense, since i've always been more of a prost-fan than a senna-fan.

Im sorry, have the two drivers of mercedes only been driving for the past year - the season ive hardly watched? No - ive watched plenty of past seasons of formula 1 with these two driving.

Look back over the past two threads in here from the past two seasons, and you will see ive always been an avid disliker of Rosberg - due to his 'style' or severe lack of it, the fact he has often tried 'cheating' his way past hamilton to gain advantages.

Yes I like hamilton, do I always agree with some of the actions he takes - no. He's a sore loser, throws his rattle out of his pram, is arrogant and many more flaws, but he's a fantastic driver to watch, which is why I like him, and dislike rosberg.

I dont want to watch a 'safe calculated race' I want to see a bit of fire in the belly and pull off some entertaining overtakes and proper racing, which is more and more what formula 1 is coming away from now, tactics and tyre and brake management... Yawn

so you can tolerate (or like) a total prick if he's a balls-out racer, but not if he's a grafter? ok. fair enough.

believe me, i respect hamiltons driving talent. can enjoy seeing him throwing that merc around, but i also respect and appreciate a different approach. the pressure rosberg was under today, must have been immense. kudos to him for holding his nerve. i doubt he would have finished second last season or the season before. if you'd watch more frequently this year, you'd have seen a much improved rosberg.

Its won him 3 championships, like it or not.

No more pressure than any other champions final/winning race to clinch the drivers championship. Lets not get confused here though, the stats dont lie, if hamiltons car was more reliable, then Rosbergs "tactics" wouldnt have worked, and he would have had another second. But thats racing, car issues happen and he took advantage of that and held on for the championship.

Its on my to do list next year to watch more F1 next year!

I see absolutely nothing wrong with what Hamilton did yesterday. The team had already won the WCC, and one of the team's drivers was going to win the WDC. Therefore, weighing up the potential for losing the team one race win (if Vettel had got past both of them) versus him losing the WDC, then it was a no brainer. The fact is he needed to do something as if he'd just driven off into the distance and won the race (which he could have done easily) then Rosberg would have followed him home and easily finished second, which was of no use to Hamilton.
The talk of Hamilton being 'punished' by Mercedes is bullshit, he's their biggest asset and going by news reports he already threatened to quit after Spain, so Mercedes won't do anything to rock that boat, and rightly so in my opinion.
Rosberg drove well this season when the opportunities arose, and for that he should be rightly congratulated. However, when it comes down to details, if Hamilton's engine hadn't gone in Malaysia, he would have won the title. So in that respect I think Rosberg can count himself very fortunate.
In terms of 'liking' Hamilton, I don't pay attention to 'personalities' off the track. I'm a motorsport fan, so I concentrate on the on-track stuff, at which there's little doubt Hamilton is the best. I've just never been the Hello magazine type.
Anyway, hopefully next season Red Bull and McLaren build decent cars and we can see Hamilton vs Verstappen vs Alonso.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny 99 and Chris
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions