F1 season 2017 comments here

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was some tv programs yesterday about Barcelona tests. Bottas seems to be quite happy with mercedes.
I really hope he will have good season, car should be best which you can have :smile:

Chapparal 2E wing is winning big time. How it didn't pull wheelies the moment they put their foot down I don't know. Looks ace though!

Ground effect - it had a huge fan on the back which sucked the air out from under the car, effectively sucking the car into the ground. Gordon Murray used the idea on the Brabham BT46.

I was really hoping that Merc wouldn't be so far in front, although it is early days I suppose. I quite like the shark fins, goes well with the new look of the cars. Some of the liveries are pretty nasty, but loving the Renault scheme.

Massively disappointed that McLaren look so poor already, you'd hope they'd have made some progress into this year.

Still early days for all though, so fingers crossed it will be a better season all round.

I absolutely detest McLaren now. They were my favourite team back from the days of Senna in the late 80's, but their treatment of Ron Dennis was shocking. Ron Dennis WAS McLaren. And for them to change the name of the car to get rid of the MP-4 prefix is beyond childish. I'm pissing myself laughing that yet again the car can barely do 2 laps before grenading itself.

Reactions: Jimmy
Ground effect - it had a huge fan on the back which sucked the air out from under the car, effectively sucking the car into the ground. Gordon Murray used the idea on the Brabham BT46.

I absolutely detest McLaren now. They were my favourite team back from the days of Senna in the late 80's, but their treatment of Ron Dennis was shocking. Ron Dennis WAS McLaren. And for them to change the name of the car to get rid of the MP-$ prefix is beyond childish. I'm pissing myself laughing that yet again the car can barely do 2 laps before grenading itself.

Nice info Sean! I should read up.

As for McLaren, they got a good amount of laps done yesterday... still shite!!!

I was really disappointed last season how bad maclaren performance actually was.

Doesn't look like it's going to be any better this season. On corrected times, the results of yesterday look like McLaren was four seconds off the pace of the front two. NOT looking good at all!

Oh and is Lance Stroll the new Maldonado?

Three incidents in two days. Not a good start. But hey, as long as daddy has enough money to keep the team happy, I guess it doesn't matter!

I love F1 but don't get the opportunity to watch it much since it moved to Sky, I just can't bring myself to line someone's pockets for 2 races a month. I was lucky enough to visit Silverstone in 2015 and watch practice on the Friday in the Sun, that was fantastic and would love to go again.

I've always been a JB supporter so given him moving on, I'm not sure who I would follow now. The new cars look fantastic and it's always fascinating to see the year on year tweaks. One of the teams was a customer of mine a few years back and it was amazing to see them forecasting when they would win i.e no we won't this year, but 2019 is looking like our season. Given the money involved I couldn't believe that success could be as much as 2-3 years away. Their forecasting was also very accurate as they did indeed finish the season champions :sunglasses:

I didn't realise McLaren had changed the name of the cars Sean, very petty in that case. I was never a huge fan of Ron Dennis, but he did a lot for the team and was a big part of F1 over the years.

Apparently there is a website dedicated to reporting when Lance Stroll crashes...lol. I guess we should all give him the benefit of the doubt with him being a rookie, but if he turns out to be genuinely dreadful, then it will be a bit of a mockery, especially when actual talented drivers like Jean Eric Vergne, Paul Di Resta etc lost their seats.

Reactions: Sean197
I didn't realise McLaren had changed the name of the cars Sean, very petty in that case. I was never a huge fan of Ron Dennis, but he did a lot for the team and was a big part of F1 over the years.

Apparently there is a website dedicated to reporting when Lance Stroll crashes...lol. I guess we should all give him the benefit of the doubt with him being a rookie, but if he turns out to be genuinely dreadful, then it will be a bit of a mockery, especially when actual talented drivers like Jean Eric Vergne, Paul Di Resta etc lost their seats.

Look at WEC and Formula E. Full of extremely good drivers who should still be in F1 but thanks to Bernie and his band of cash desperate rich folk, money is more important than talent.

Although there is a hell of a lot wrong with F1, being able to just buy your way in is one of the worst for me.

Personally, I'd love to see Buemi back. Top top driver and a genuine Renault head.

Reactions: Jimmy
Holy sh*t, you have an F1 thread. Okay, I'm done.

Just so we're clear on my orientation, since I'm new:

Hamilton: God
Alonso: God
Button: God
Verstappen: Jesus
Ricciardo: Jesus
Rosberg: Antichrist

I've been to a few races for the GPs, too. Silverstone, Spa, Valencia (also in 2016 as a ghost circuit), Catalunya, Monza and Abu Dhabi. Quite the F1 nerd.

I'll post some vids up of us in the pit straight crowd at the end of last year's Italian GP. It's as nuts as you'd think!

So yeah, 2017. So excited. Hamilton's fourth. Ferrari sandbagging and the year we see VER and RIC fall out. Called it.

Reactions: Micah and Jimmy
Hamilton: God
Alonso: God
Button: God - gutted he's gone.
Verstappen: Jesus
Ricciardo: Mard arse moany tw@
Rosberg: Least deserving F1 champion since his father...

Fixed that for you mate.

:smiley:

Really hope Danny Ric and his big bottom lip gets his arse handed to him on a plate by Max this season. Towards the end of 2016 Max had really stepped it up and had really started to look the full package.

Notice no mention of Seb Petal in there. I'd be well happy if he has another season of disappointment...

Fixed that for you mate.

:smiley:

Really hope Danny Ric and his big bottom lip gets his arse handed to him on a plate by Max this season. Towards the end of 2016 Max had really stepped it up and had really started to look the full package.

Notice no mention of Seb Petal in there. I'd be well happy if he has another season of disappointment...

In our house, we do not mention the S Word. Then man is an utter coin. Worse than Nico.

I like Danny. Soz.

I'll miss JB a lot. Met him really briefly at Autosport in 2010 and he's just as sound in person. 2009 was my favourite season in F1 since Mika handed Michael his arse, for obvious reasons. Loved that Brawn story.

In our house, we do not mention the S Word. Then man is an utter coin. Worse than Nico.

I like Danny. Soz.

I'll miss JB a lot. Met him really briefly at Autosport in 2010 and he's just as sound in person. 2009 was my favourite season in F1 since Mika handed Michael his arse, for obvious reasons. Loved that Brawn story.

Absolutely agree about 2009. What made it even better was that they had bugger all money to develop the car so everyone started to catch up. And JB DROVE to that title. Thoroughly amazing season and probably one of the best I'll ever see.

As for the S word, for some reason, he's ended up being called "Bitch Trunks" in our house. Not totally sure why but I'm ok with it! I would however love to see a proper scrap between him and Lewis.

Danny Ric... I was a fan but the way he threw his team under the bus at Monaco was unforgivable. Really hate mardy behaviour and he took it to a new level there. Since then I've noticed what a moaner he is. And I can't see it getting any better if Max starts showing him up, which I do think is going to happen.

Reactions: Micah
Absolutely agree about 2009. What made it even better was that they had bugger all money to develop the car so everyone started to catch up. And JB DROVE to that title. Thoroughly amazing season and probably one of the best I'll ever see.

As for the S word, for some reason, he's ended up being called "Bitch Trunks" in our house. Not totally sure why but I'm ok with it! I would however love to see a proper scrap between him and Lewis.

Danny Ric... I was a fan but the way he threw his team under the bus at Monaco was unforgivable. Really hate mardy behaviour and he took it to a new level there. Since then I've noticed what a moaner he is. And I can't see it getting any better if Max starts showing him up, which I do think is going to happen.

100% agreed.

Regarding Ricc, either way it'll be a good watch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions