F1 season 2017 comments here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting remarks from Helmet (Yes it IS spelled that way :smiley: ) Marko this week!

“Ricciardo is on the market. We must certainly look for alternatives. We will not be caught off guard.”

Dan seems to have no idea about it. Madness.

Hope he goes to Mercedes!

(So Lewis can knock him into a cocked hat!)

I'd genuinely like to see Ricciardo at Mercedes. I think he'd partner Lewis well!

Vandoorne will be something special. Really looking forward to watching the race tomorrow...if I'm awake.:think:

Hamilton has now had pole at every one of the current calendar tracks.

Breaking news on Sky F1, tomorrow's race will be Palmer's last race for Renault with Sainz joining for the rest of the season and Gasly coming in to Toro Rosso. About time, Hulkenberg has pissed all over him.

I'd genuinely like to see Ricciardo at Mercedes. I think he'd partner Lewis well!

Vandoorne will be something special. Really looking forward to watching the race tomorrow...if I'm awake.:think:

I’d like to see DR v Lewis for sure. Think it would be a very rude awakening for him!

Reactions: Benno
Hamilton has now had pole at every one of the current calendar tracks.

Breaking news on Sky F1, tomorrow's race will be Palmer's last race for Renault with Sainz joining for the rest of the season and Gasly coming in to Toro Rosso. About time, Hulkenberg has pissed all over him.

That’s an impressive stat. He was in superb form today. Only just seen it as watching on C4 this weekend due to my Sky boycott! Impressed with Hairy Bottas today. Pulled out a great lap after all his troubles. Shame about the penalty. Vettel always seems to get lucky.

Shame Max didn’t end up behind him. Hope he can bother him in the race!

As for Joe Lee and Palmer. Happy with that. Mrs M just shouted at him on the screen “no one gives a shit other than doctor dad” :smiley:

Reactions: Sean197
Breaking news on Sky F1, tomorrow's race will be Palmer's last race for Renault ...

just read it. palmer was doing better the last few races, but still too little too late. those two unforced errors in malaysia didn't help either. i've read the palmers where asking for seven million pounds if his contract was terminated earlier. renault offered three ...

Last edited:
just read it. palmer was doing better the last few races, but still toolittle too late. those two unforced errors in malaysia didn't help either. i've read the palmers where asking for seven million pounds if his contract was terminated earlier. renault offered three ...

Heart bleeds for him. Not!

Three million to leave your job. My god. What a kick in the balls. Kinda feel sorry for him but he’s simply not been good enough.

I still think Buemi should be in the Renault.

Heart bleeds for him. Not!

Three million to leave your job. My god. What a kick in the balls. Kinda feel sorry for him but he’s simply not been good enough.

I still think Buemi should be in the Renault.

Yes!!! Sums it up perfectly!! Not like he'll have to claim Universal Credit for the next few weeks....

Reactions: ///M
yup. a talent wasted in formula E.

I know you’re going to disagree with me but I really like FE. Mrs M and I have missed three races since it started. It’s been genuinely exciting and we’ve really enjoyed it. The finale to the season Buemi won was one of the most amazing and crazy bits of Motorsport we’ve ever seen.

Wouldn’t say he’s wasted there. He’s been amazing. Really annoyed he missed two rounds this season to go and trundle around in a pointless LMP1 championship. He’d be a double champion by now.

But yeah, I’d like to see him in F1, I think he’s a much better driver than his time in F1 gave him credit for.

Yes!!! Sums it up perfectly!! Not like he'll have to claim Universal Credit for the next few weeks....

Or ever again. I mean hell, $3m would be enough. I’d be happy!

It’s mad really. He got a job, wasn’t very good at it, and gets given more money than I’d ever need to go away. Can’t feel *that* sorry for him really!

Or ever again. I mean hell, $3m would be enough. I’d be happy!

It’s mad really. He got a job, wasn’t very good at it, and gets given more money than I’d ever need to go away. Can’t feel *that* sorry for him really!

I think people even questioning that sort of money to leave like that are too far up their own arse to realise how lucky they are to get where they have. Best thing to do is hold your hands up and say fair enough, thanks for the opportunity, time to try something else.

Reactions: Chris and ///M
I know you’re going to disagree with me but I really like FE.

:smile: yeah, i can't warm to FE. i rate the drivers, but the sound and the fact they drive on mickey mouse tracks just puts me off. i enjoy a formula ford race at brands' indy lay out, a hundred times more.

Reactions: ///M and Sean197
:smile: yeah, i can't warm to FE. i rate the drivers, but the sound and the fact they drive on mickey mouse tracks just puts me off. i enjoy a formula ford race at brands' indy lay out, a hundred times more.

Agreed. But have still really enjoyed FE. Circuits aren’t all great but some are. And the Racing has always been good. And the battle for the title too.

Reactions: peter
I think people even questioning that sort of money to leave like that are too far up their own arse to realise how lucky they are to get where they have. Best thing to do is hold your hands up and say fair enough, thanks for the opportunity, time to try something else.

Go and do LMP2, get paid handsomely, $3m in the bank before you even started. Not really seeming like a booby prize is it?!

Go and do LMP2, get paid handsomely, $3m in the bank before you even started. Not really seeming like a booby prize is it?!

Plus a LOT less pressure and stress from the world media on your back...quite frankly to me it's a get out of jail free card...

Reactions: ///M
Plus a LOT less pressure and stress from the world media on your back...quite frankly to me it's a get out of jail free card...

Agree entirely mate.

At the end of the day, he won a GP2 title. He’d run rings round every single one of us on this forum. Bottom line is, $3m for not being good enough for F1 is quite a result all told!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions