F1 season 2017 comments here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Verstappen, on brand new softs about 10 laps from the end I believe. He's admitted the only reason he stopped was so he could set the fastest lap.

Exactly!

Plenty of pace in that Red Bull. Renault have big upgrades to come for next year too. Could be a big test for Merc.

Funny about them not wanting him to come in even though he had a pit stop in hand. And then Martin (or Crofty, can't remember) let's it slip that he gets a bonus for fastest laps...

:smiley:

///M said:
By far the highlight for me was Ted showing some nice photos on his phone of Hartley when he was a kid and he gets a text saying "COCK" live on air. Classic Ted moment and right up there with him struggling with the brolly in the wind! Piss funny.

No way?! I'm gonna have to find this!
Sean197 said:
Verstappen, on brand new softs about 10 laps from the end I believe. He's admitted the only reason he stopped was so he could set the fastest lap.

They were saying he gets a bonus for setting the fastest lap - probably a go on Ginger Spice.

Reactions: Foxspeed
In other news, the new F1 logo is due to go live, possibly before the next race.

Three designs have been trademarked. All of them back of a spoon ugly if you ask me. The old one with the negative space "1" was superb I thought. Liberty are not exactly filling me with confidence so far...

new-f1-logos.jpg

Reactions: Chris
In other news, the new F1 logo is due to go live, possibly before the next race.

Three designs have been trademarked. All of them back of a spoon ugly if you ask me. The old one with the negative space "1" was superb I thought. Liberty are not exactly filling me with confidence so far...

View attachment 117914

Shite!

Reactions: ///M

View attachment 117914

Absolutely horrible, all three of them! Why change something that has been in place for so long, and is instantly recognisable! The new ones looks like somebody's graphic design homework for GCSE!

Reactions: ///M
I think that with them trying to attract new, younger audiences to the sport, this just smacks of putting absolutely no effort in whatsoever. Bland, black and white logos that looked like they were designed on a 90's home computer!

Exactly mate. And you know they've spent a fortune to be spun a line from some marketing twats already!

a couple of dutch internet sites confirm kubica at williams. for 2018 and 2019.

It’s been looking more and more nailed on. I really hope it’s true and I hope he does well.

It’s clear they took a long time to think about him. Why? And Renault could have had him but didn’t. Why?

Like I say, really hope he does come back and does well. Always liked him and he was brilliant entertainment in WRC2. The onboard footage of him doing most of a stage with broken headlights at night is one of the best bits of rally footage I’ve ever seen!

As @Sean197 says though, he does have a lot of accidents. Most of them huge!

trying not to be a cynical old bastard ... but maybe they (make that daddy stroll) have chosen kubica because he's the slowest of the candidates just to make lance look good.

Reactions: ///M and JMR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions