F1 season 2017 comments here

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as it's Red Bull taking it to the Mercs (or Kimi for that matter) I'll be happy.

Sebby had a face like a arse slapped with a wet fish. Hope it stays that way!

:smiley:

Haha, oh yeah I'm happy for anyone to give Merc a run for their money, doesn't have to be Shouty McSwearface in the red car :smile: I hope he comes out with some more rants over the team radio, they were comedy gold last year - his Russia one was my favourite!

Haha, oh yeah I'm happy for anyone to give Merc a run for their money, doesn't have to be Shouty McSwearface in the red car :smile: I hope he comes out with some more rants over the team radio, they were comedy gold last year - his Russia one was my favourite!

"Came up the inside like a rocket ship"

:smiley:

I'm sorry Seb, what were you expecting? You left a massive gap. This is motorsport, not hankie waving ffs!

Reactions: Jimmy
Everybody talking about Force India. Well they achieved what they wanted... got people talking and warming up to Pink!

Good to see Vettel and Ferrari back on the top step, and it was a convincing win as well - Hamilton didn't seem to have much of an answer. Just a shame that there was only one decent overtake in the whole race.... Hamilton said in his post-race interview that he thought it must have been fairly dull for the fans, in that the 'racing' happened in the pitlane...

Still, good start to the season IMO :smile:

And I'm sure Mes was grinning like a loon when Danny Ric had his problems :wink:

I've been saying for the last 2 seasons that when Merc are challenged their strategists won't be up to it, and they've proven me right again. No idea why Hamilton was brought in so early, especially when Bottas' engineer had said before the race that the 'overcut' was the way to go with the tyres. Then they put Hamilton on the harder compound, making it harder for him to catch Vettel. Merc threw this one away.

Reactions: Jimmy
Crap race. Hamilton is my guy and they completely screwed up the strategy. I do think Lewis harms himself sometimes. I think he's just totally in tune with his car to the point where he really feels the slightest difference and then worries about it to the point of him calling for an early stop. You often hear them telling him "everything is fine" because he's feeling a difference that isn't going to affect his race.

Merc are far too used to racing off into the distance and not having to manage strategy too much. Pretty much every time they do they cock it up big time. Track position given up at a track where we all know overtaking is more difficult than usual... at the start of a season where everyone knows the new regs are going to make overtaking even more difficult.

Shocker.

Danny Ric, yeah, no sleep lost there. He was his usual uncouth self on the radio.

Shame Sebby took the flag but at least it's someone different to Mercedes.

However, that was an absolute bore-fest and it's clear overtaking is such an issue that this season could be even more dull than the last few. It's all well and good the reporters talking about us being in for an epic fight between Seb and Lewis but if it's just a case of whoever gets to the first corner first and the other one tries to sort it out in the pits... yeah, I've watched every season since 1980, this could be the first I find something else to do.

've watched every season since 1980, this could be the first I find something else to do..........

Watch MotoGP.

A Motorsport that has no team-orders, riders with balls of steel and a passion for being at the front, hence overtaking a plenty and a noise to die for.

No need to thank me :smile:

Watch MotoGP.

A Motorsport that has no team-orders, riders with balls of steel and a passion for being at the front, hence overtaking a plenty and a noise to die for.

No need to thank me :smile:

Boycotted.

After Dorna allowed that little dick Marquez to scupper what I think would have been Valentino's best ever championship win, I vowed never to watch again. Have kept up with results (glad Vinales won!) but haven't watched one second of footage since.

Still all over the BSB and WSBK though. Promised myself I'll go and see one this year, it's been three years since last time we went.

Noise, couldn't care less to be honest. The new quieter F1 doesn't bother me at all. I just want proper racing. Which they could have now but sadly the sport has been run by self serving utter dicks for years.

Hoping Ross Brawn will pull it back together!

Any other Alonso fans on here?

I find it hard to watch F1 these days with IMO one the finest drivers of the current line up let down so consistently by his team. How the guy seems to stay positive is inspirational. I just worry the guy is going to go down with a sinking ship.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/alonso-the-best-race-of-my-life/

Yep! One of the greatest drivers of all time. Hard not to be a fan if you love the sport.

The worst thing to happen to F1 in recent times is Fernando not being in a properly competitive car.

Really I'd like Mercedes to be a three car team with Lewis, Seb and Fernando. Now THAT would be worth watching.

But yeah, it's absolutely heartbreaking to watch what he's going through.

Can't stand Alonso tbh, lost all respect for him after the way he behaved in 2007. That's not to say I don't rate him as a driver, but there's no way I'd have him in my team, his temperament is too much of a liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions