F1 season 2017 comments here

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that it sets a precedent. A driver can now legitimately hit another driver and get away with it, as long as they apologise. Mental.

What I really really hope is that one of the drivers this weekend does something similar. How would Todt deal with that?

I'm waiting for reports of similar things happening in other series. This will not be going away any time soon. You're dead right, precedent set.

Actually, I'd love to know what would happen if Lewis went and did the exact same thing. The internet would go into meltdown from all the people who have just decided they hate him with a burning passion for reasons they don't have the intellect to explain. And I'd imagine that pathetic road safety midget would come down like the angry fist of Thor.

Not the first time I've wondered why I'm sticking with this farce to be honest.

You know what I'd really really REALLY love?

Lewis asking Seb for an in person apology during the press conference.

Actually, I'd love to know what would happen if Lewis went and did the exact same thing. The internet would go into meltdown from all the people who have just decided they hate him with a burning passion for reasons they don't have the intellect to explain. And I'd imagine that pathetic road safety midget would come down like the angry fist of Thor.

Not the first time I've wondered why I'm sticking with this farce to be honest.

I gave up on F1 forums a long time ago, I just got sick of the usual garage re. Hamilton; "he's not good as he's never driven a bad car/always been in a top team", "he didn't serve an F1 apprenticeship in a back-of-the-grid team like Alonso did" etc. etc.

You know what I'd really really REALLY love?

Lewis asking Seb for an in person apology during the press conference.

I really hope they put both of them together in the press conference on Thursday, and that Hamilton just says "everyone saw what happened, there's no need for me to comment" and then just sits there and watches Vettel stew during question after question.

Reactions: ///M
I really hope they put both of them together in the press conference on Thursday, and that Hamilton just says "everyone saw what happened, there's no need for me to comment" and then just sits there and watches Vettel stew during question after question.

Absolutely!!!

But I would really like him to ask him for an apology as he'll have to give one, he can't go back on "his" statement. And it would make him squirm more than anything.

Reactions: Sean197
Not a surprising outcome really, they were hardly going to reprimand him were they :unamused:

Agreed, Sean, precedent set. And a dangerous one at that. I mentioned it earlier, but back of the grid for an engine change, and a 10s penalty for deliberate ramming....?? Shambles.

But I'll still be watching Austria this weekend!

Reactions: ///M and Sean197
Not a surprising outcome really, they were hardly going to reprimand him were they :unamused:

Agreed, Sean, precedent set. And a dangerous one at that. I mentioned it earlier, but back of the grid for an engine change, and a 10s penalty for deliberate ramming....?? Shambles.

But I'll still be watching Austria this weekend!

Bang on mate, that just shows how utterly ridiculous this is. Money and business is more important than sporting behaviour and safety.

And some people can get away with murder where as others only need to fart in the wrong direction and they're hauled over the coals.

I'd pay good money to watch someone give Todt a good kick in his tiny plums. Although he'd probably like it.

Reactions: Jimmy
I honestly think Hamilton will say nothing and let Vettel stew. Poor Kevin Magnussen though, he's the third driver in the Press Conference and he's guaranteed to get asked absolutely nothing!

I honestly think Hamilton will say nothing and let Vettel stew. Poor Kevin Magnussen though, he's the third driver in the Press Conference and he's guaranteed to get asked absolutely nothing!

I don't get why we only get three drivers now. What's wrong with the six we used to have?

At least we still have Dieter Ranken's ridiculously long winded three questions in one too look forward to!

:smiley:

I don't get why we only get three drivers now. What's wrong with the six we used to have?

At least we still have Dieter Ranken's ridiculously long winded three questions in one too look forward to!

:smiley:

It's split into halves, with 3 drivers in each half. No idea why they've changed the format though!

Probably some marketing bollocks mate!

Having read up on it, it seems that half spend time with the written media while the other half speak to TV, then they swap round. I never really watch them anyway, although i'll be watching today at 2pm!

Having read up on it, it seems that half spend time with the written media while the other half speak to TV, then they swap round. I never really watch them anyway, although i'll be watching today at 2pm!

I tend to watch the team principal's one as it can be quite interesting. The drivers just give pre written sound bites these days. All the character has been completely removed from them.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...vettel-to-appear-together-in-press-conference

Hamilton said he wanted Vettel to make it clear that he didn't brake-test him, so Vettel did. Vettel was cringe-worthy, while Hamilton stood his ground, including reiterating that he thought the FIA were wrong to not punish Vettel further and also having a little dig at Jean Todt. 1-0 Hamilton.

For all the flack Hamilton gets, I do like the fact that he speaks his mind - like he doesn't care too much if it stirs things up? But he's also very media-savvy, he knows what to say, how to say it, and when. I think that's because he knows he's got a lot more to give than just what he does in F1.... even if it is some cringey rap record :smile:

Reactions: Sean197
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...vettel-to-appear-together-in-press-conference

Hamilton said he wanted Vettel to make it clear that he didn't brake-test him, so Vettel did. Vettel was cringe-worthy, while Hamilton stood his ground, including reiterating that he thought the FIA were wrong to not punish Vettel further and also having a little dig at Jean Todt. 1-0 Hamilton.

Brilliant. Nothing I wanna see more than that smug twunt have his cocky grin wiped right off his face. Quite surprised about how cap in hand it seems he was being from what was written in that link! Maybe he's starting to realise you can't be a massive hairy arse all your life. Probably not though eh? Karma can be exceptionally harsh little Sebby!

Looking forward to watching this later!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions