F1 season 2018 comments here

Status
Not open for further replies.
mclaren P14 and P15 in qualifying ... what a mess.

Not really a surprise, the monkeys are clearly running the place.

I'd get rid of alonslow, there's a few more quid to invest in engineering. Get rid of that douchbag Boullier, refocus their attention to F1 instead of road cars and then maybe they might get into the top 10 consistently...

Ron Dennis must be amused by all this, the guy was a bit of a dick but I think his intentions were always to win (in the end). :yum:

Last edited:
i read an article last week (think it was on motorsport.com) which said mclaren lost the F1-ball every time they took on side projects (can-am in the early seventies, le mans in the nineties, roadcars now).

Reactions: Sean197
yeh the superior maclaren chassis shining through again....might be because alsonso wanted to design the chassis and have a go in the canteen cooking sauagaes!

Not sure why everyone is getting excited for ferrari because they won by 7 seconds. Have they forgot spain when lewis finished 14 seconds ahead of bottas who was second?
Granted the merc didn't look good this weekend, nor did lewis. Had they had their upgraded engine i believe they would of been on pole but hey ho. Work to be done for Mercedes.

yeah, saw that this morning. wonder what the drivers think of this.

I thought that too. Max is pretty locked in but it seems DR could leave if he wanted. Although where would he go?

And where does it leave Sainz?

And I wonder how McLaren would feel if they had to watch a Honda powered RB winning!?

Get the popcorn out, it could be fun to watch!

Reactions: peter
i have almost no sympathy for mclaren anymore.
horner is a twit, but i wouldn't mind a red bull/honda combo to be ultra competitive.

Reactions: ///M
i have almost no sympathy for mclaren anymore.
horner is a twit, but i wouldn't mind a red bull/honda combo to be ultra competitive.

Agree with all that mate. They’ve made their bed, now they’re having to lie in it.

Wonder what Ron thinks about it all?

And Horner is cringeworthy but annoyingly I’ve found myself agreeing with a lot of what he says. But then I have to remind myself it’s only because it would benefit him... and he’s an idiot. :smiley:

I hope they're terrible and the Red Bull's engines explode in a fiery cloud every session of every weekend.
Not sure I see the sense in their decision, other than from the monetary perspective. If Mateschitz (sp) wants to cut back on his spending in F1 then free engines from Honda is certainly a good decision. However, at the moment it doesn't matter how fast the Honda engine is, they still haven't got on top of their reliability issues.
At least RB have won races with Renault. Despite all the nice words being thrown around, I'm sure Renault are pleased to be rid of Horner and Marko. Pair of bellends.
If they're effectively becoming the works Honda team, then what will they be called, Honda Aston Martin Red Bull?

I hope they're terrible and the Red Bull's engines explode in a fiery cloud every session of every weekend.

lol!

the only good thing about a competitive red bull, is that it would wipe that smug smile from toto's face. can't bloody stand him. arrivabene is a puppet, don't like him either. come to think of it, at the moment there's only one team boss i like and that's the guy at sauber.

anyone seen the latest on maclaren were they are given a bonus of a chocolate bar for working late/hard lol they are denying it but it also links in to what whitmarsh is being slated for by maclaren!!!

anyone seen the latest on maclaren were they are given a bonus of a chocolate bar for working late/hard lol they are denying it but it also links in to what whitmarsh is being slated for by maclaren!!!

Read that today lol there are rumours of mclaren staff going on strike due to this. They really are a mess at the moment.

McLaren are a real embarrassment now. 16th and 18th.

feel gutted for the drivers. what a waste of talent. alonso is more than capable of slugging it out with hamilton and vettel. and vandoorne, well i think his career is f*****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions