Few detailing questions

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Roshi69, Apr 21, 2017 at 12:34 AM.

1. Roshi69

Roshi69 Paid Member

Clio 200 RS
    Okay guys, I've been taking my hand to detailing and some swirl removal etc for my own use with much research and got some really good results on my last car.

I now own my first white car and it has a slight but of swirling that I plan to remove.
    Can anyone recommend good polish with even a very slight cut. I tried the auto finesse triple 3 in an unnoticeable spot by hand but didn't do much as it would have with my old car. Guessing the paint is completely different.

Any white filler glazes that can be recommended?

Finally what products should I use on the black part of my front and rear bumpers for swirl removal and get that gloss back gleaming?

Just cautious on my 200 as it will be my pride and joy once I get her spotless. Just seems completely different than my Hyundai Coupe SIII

Results on my old car after my first attempt with a DA polisher.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

SeanTheSheep likes this.

2. jordan94

jordan94 Paid Member

Hull
    in ym opinion you should just use meguiars m205 for light swirl removal with white Late County pad. If that doesnt do the trick id use a Orange pad with m105 which is more aggressive and should get them out.

This sub reddit has tons of information in the FAQ. https://www.reddit.com/r/AutoDetailing/

This guy also has a 5 part series that will teach you pretty much everything you need to know.

This guide in particular is straight to the point but not as in depth as the video.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AutoDetailing/comments/21xj3m/guide_the_getting_started_into_da_polishing/

This is all done with a DA Polisher, i wouldn't really recommend trying to remove swirls by hand.

Roshi69 likes this.
  3. Chris

Chris Bad cop Administrator

What an effort on your last car - wow!

Meguiars range is very good - it has an arrow system to vary how much cut the polish has. Won't go quoting which ones as I'm out of touch with polishes.

Chemical guy hexologic pads are very good - green would be a good start.

Roshi69 likes this.
  4. kevlar

kevlar Gold Member

Roshi69 likes this.
  5. nutnutwelshman

nutnutwelshman Spa-tacus Area Rep

Heathrow
    220T TROPHY
    Very nice but way way beyond Me I only keep mine 2/3 years then they go back to Renault.

Roshi69 likes this.
  6. Roshi69

Roshi69 Paid Member

Clio 200 RS
    I've never done much in the way of cutting which has me scared. most ive used is Autoglym Super Resin which was the day of the 2nd picture and it came out brilliantly.

Also dont know how the treat the bumpers with being plastic. do i take it much easier than the paint (not that i'd be applying much pressure anyway)

and especially the black gloss parts as they are definitely not up to my OCD standards lol.

7. r&skxa

r&skxa Gold Member

Dover
    Clio RS200
    As Jordan says, watch Junkman (possibly junkman2000) on YouTube. His videos are entertaining and brilliant. He shows you not to be scared of getting scratches out. If you're using a DA, you'll find it difficult to do any damage. I'd steer clear of a rotary for the time being though

Roshi69 likes this.
  8. Roshi69

Roshi69 Paid Member

Clio 200 RS
    Yea I have a DA. Gonna maybe attempt it over the weekend if the weather permits. I'll try get photos before and after

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

kevlar likes this.
  9. kevlar

kevlar Gold Member

You will be fine just take it easy and dont do it if its to hot outside!

10. LOCKE

LOCKE Paid Member

Glasgow
    RB 182 Cup/LY 197 R27
    DA machines are a safe bet but can be labour intensive for swirl removal. As for fillers for a white car then give Poorboys White Diamond Glaze a go.

Roshi69 likes this.