Fiesta Zetec S

jimfacebinface

Paid Member
Well everyone, after much deliberation and sleepless nights trying to come up with the best, cheap to run - yet still fun daily commuter, I put down a deposit to at my local Ford on a brand new Fiesta Zetec S in the lovely Deep Impact Blue. In my opinion, a great little car and very cheap to run. Zero tax and 65mpg+ from its perky little 3 pot turbo motor!

Already getting in touch with Mountune and Pumaspeed about possible immediate mods lol. A basic remap takes it from 125ps to 140. Wheels and lowz are next on the cards.

I'll put up a few more details when the car comes. I'm looking forward to it!

Glad you went for the Fiesta ZS in the end :thumbup: is that the 1.0 petrol you've got?? I think you will be very happy with it. I've had the petrol 1.6 and loved it, my friend has the diesel and he's also a big fan.

With regards tuning, I would stay well away from PumaSpeed - they are competitive on prices, but service and after-sales is shocking. I haven't heard a good word said about them.

Head over to zsoc.com , the owners forum - it's a great site, full of helpful and friendly sorts. Reminds me of a Clio site I know...:thumbsup:

Thanks JimmyD! I've signed up on zsoc already and yeah, it does seem familiar! That's interesting about Pumaspeed then... I've never had or known many people to own and tune Fords so I've not had much knowledge about them. I'll keep that in mind though, thanks!

It is the 1.0 turbo petrol :smile: a very highly rated engine by the sounds of it.
[MENTION=50122]craigy197[/MENTION] I'm keeping the Clio, don't worry! The Fiesta came up as we (my girlfriend and I) needed a more economical car to run daily.

Thanks JimmyD! I've signed up on zsoc already and yeah, it does seem familiar! That's interesting about Pumaspeed then... I've never had or known many people to own and tune Fords so I've not had much knowledge about them. I'll keep that in mind though, thanks!

No probs. I've just heard nothing but negative reports on Pumaspeed - the people on zsoc definitely hate them! Mountune will be your best bet, as I understand that their modifications don't affect warranty, as some can be dealer-fit (iirc).

It is the 1.0 turbo petrol :smile: a very highly rated engine by the sounds of it.
[MENTION=50122]craigy197[/MENTION] I'm keeping the Clio, don't worry! The Fiesta came up as we (my girlfriend and I) needed a more economical car to run daily.

Nice, can't get rid of the clio, hope you and ya girlfriend enjoy the fiesta

Never had any issues with pumaspeed (or Mountune for that matter) and I used both regularly. Car looks great, good colour too.

Nice, have to update when you get it, see it how it compares to the Clio.

I'm in a mk4 clio at the mo with a 0.9 3 pot, only 90bhp though, Ford's engine must be considerably better if it's packing 35bhp more out of 0.1 size increase!

Similar Thread Suggestions