Finally a 200 Owner

Picked up my 200 a few weeks ago. Wanted one for going on 5+ years now, but went through a phase of enjoying my MG ZR and ZS 180 too much until it was time to part with the ZS and last month (gonna miss that V6!)

Found a 200 for sale in the area, and would have regretted not going for it. Loved my first few weeks with it, although still getting used to driving it properly, I'm getting there! The kangarooing came as a bit of a surprise the first time I encountered it, but done the ol' cable tie trick and managed to sort it out haha.

60 plate in blue, 3 prev owners and only 40k on the clock with FSH, so thought it was a decent find! The dealer I got it from did a gearbox rebuild for the gear 3 issue which it had, so shouldn't have to worry about that for a while now.

Looking forward to having some fun with it!

Welcome to the forum! I remember the ZR and the ZS having rave reviews back in the day! I imagine the 200 is a different kettle of fish though! Enjoy!

Reactions: Harrysoon
Car sounds great (Harry ?).

Look forward to some pics and I hope you enjoy ownership.

And the forum :smile:

Welcome.

Nice car, nice colour and low miles. Good purchase, hope she treats you well.

As for getting used to it, as long as you stay above 5,000rpm you're good to go! :wink:

Reactions: Harrysoon
welcome along..enjoy your new motor..you will miss your V6 but the clio will make up for it in other areas :thumb:

Thanks guys :smile: I'll try and get some photos up soon

I remember the ZR and the ZS having rave reviews back in the day! I imagine the 200 is a different kettle of fish though! Enjoy!

Definitely is! As much as I love the ZR and the ZS, it was starting to show it's age and needed quite a bit of money spent on it.

As for getting used to it, as long as you stay above 5,000rpm you're good to go! :wink:

Yea starting to realise I need to not be so shy with the throttle :wink:

Reactions: Jimmy and ///M
Cool hello! - my kangarooing stopped after I switched to V Power fuel exclusively, I assume your using this or high RON equivalent?

Hey! Yea only put V-Power or BP Ultimate in (annoyingly the nearest Shell garage is way out of my way). It's not as bad now since the MAF sensor fix, and think it was partly down to me getting used to the throttle and clutch and being overly cautious after the gearbox rebuild!

The MAF sensor was that loose that as soon as I moved it slightly out of position I found it I got MAF errors on the console screen haha

Hopefully weather holds off this weekend, as it's my first free weekend since getting it, so wanna get a few little bits done on it.

Reactions: Sean197