Finally introducing myself

Long time lurker, thought i'd introduce myself finally

Owned for about a year and a half, I remember desperately wanting one of these when I was a scrotey little 17 year old, would check the prices of them every year until I finally paid off student loan and treated myself.

Only problem is, I desperately want something a bit more powerful) but I can't bear to get rid of her which leaves only one option...get two cars. Now I just need to figure out what next...or maybe go turbo

Since being in my possession i've just made sure she's been well maintained, new gearbox, clutch, belts, only got 46k on the clock

IMG_5703 (2).JPG
IMG_5704.JPG
IMG_5713 (2).JPG

Reactions: Gus
Long time lurker, thought i'd introduce myself finally

Owned for about a year and a half, I remember desperately wanting one of these when I was a scrotey little 17 year old, would check the prices of them every year until I finally paid off student loan and treated myself.

Only problem is, I desperately want something a bit more powerful) but I can't bear to get rid of her which leaves only one option...get two cars. Now I just need to figure out what next...or maybe go turbo

Since being in my possession i've just made sure she's been well maintained, new gearbox, clutch, belts, only got 46k on the clock

View attachment 16460
View attachment 16461
View attachment 16462
Hi, I'm in same boat , love my 197 to bits. but needs more grunt. thought of selling but it makes me smile just looming at it. so in my garage is two thirds of a megane conversion. only way to go!

Welcome. Drive the arse off it. These Cars make up for what they lack in power with unbelievable handling.

Welcome. Liquid Yellow looks soooo good! Yes, you have to keep the Clio too. Such grin inducing cars!

Welcome dude I've just bought one and I own a almera gti which I've done a turbo conversion on for something to thrash about when I want to lol

Never owned a Renault until now but I've took to it very quickly and great cars. I'd say don't get rid but something else to.

Welcome to the forum! There does seem to be a hunger for more power with these cars, but as already said, they are still full of their own charm as they come!

welcome along..lots of threads to help you to decide on your next step..have a good time on here