first clean and wax?

200cup andy

Platinum Member
bit of a random question but will i need to leave my 200 for a few weeks before i add a coat of good wax. ive got dodo juice soft wax.

ive always been told you need to let paint breath but do renault have stocks of painted shells ready so its already done the breathing

trying to start as i mean to go on so dont want to mess the paint up before i start

u need to clay, lime prime, polish and then wax after uve done this every wash becomes a joy as it reveals immaculate clean paint. do it mate. im spending 3 days on my next week to get it back looking superb

even on a new car!

id be surprised if it needs a clay

just remembered something else its going to have white speedlines will wax be enough to keep tar and brake dust off them can you get a heavier duty wheel sealer / wax

You do not need to let new paint breath. It will be completely set and dried. You're fine to wax it straight away and I would recommend it.

Your paintwork will have been 95% cured when it left the oven, modern flashing off processes are brilliant

Oh and use poorboys wheel sealant, it's amazing stuff :smile:

cool ill try to pick some of that up, probably have the wheels off once i get the car and give them a going over. still got over a month to wait :worried:

Get a good 3 coats on and it'll last for months. Just remember not to use wheel acids as they will remove the wax