Fitted kw coilovers to my 200 but now knocking

i only fitted the kw coilovers to my clio 200 in work! its registered 2010! Now there is a bad knocking noise coming from the front when hitting bumps!! I had a problem when fitting them, the top mount bearings, if anyone has fitted these coilovers before will know there is a cup that sits on the spring for your top mount to sit onto, but my top mount the lip on the bottom would not fit into the cup but could set ontop of cup and tighten the strut top onto the cup straight, but when i checked after driving one side of the top mount had fell into the cup making the top mount un even! would this be the noise? has anyone else had problem like this with kw coilovers or is the top mount too big i need to get smaller ones or do i need to remove part of the strut top? I bought these off k tec and i asked will my top mounts fit these coilovers all right and they told me they would!

I had a knocking too.
Renault actually found that it was the top mount bolt that wasn't actually locking down.
They put some washers under the bolt and they locked down ok then.
This stopped the knocking.

I had a knocking too.
Renault actually found that it was the top mount bolt that wasn't actually locking down.
They put some washers under the bolt and they locked down ok then.
This stopped the knocking.

also with mine h&r had such problem.. :smile:

depends.. i change in warranty front left kw v1 suspension.. it knocking on small hole or bumps in the street..
they change me and after was ok..

but with h&r the problem was different.. a washer solve the problem :smile:

try @ low cost :smile:

p.s. also in italy there are many problem with standard suspension.. :worried:

I had problems with KW V3 in the front right - got it changed under warranty, and bought the left one so they both are the same - no problems since, and have one spare shock. :smiley:

I got the knocking sorted out! But now there is a loud thumping noise only when the car is cold coming from the right hand front after a few seconds it goes away eeven when driving on a straight even or cornering! also when it thumps it pulls my steering wheel slightly to the right has anyone had a problem like this before?

I got kw v1s and I had something like that was a funny rotation noise coming from front but only when cold drive down the road 100metres and goes away. Sent bk to me and they reckon there was no issue with them they said it will make a sligh noise when cold as the oil in the shock is cold and that they do not have a gas cartridge inside the shock which makes no noise like my shocks do. It was all quite technical when talking to the guy from kw. Hope this helps and makes sense :s

Reactions: mgregory
hmmmm makes me not want to by KW again

i had issues with the knocking with v1 on my ST so did emma

Thinking of going for Billies now

I will go for the H&R coilovers, do you think its better to fit them and see if anything of this happens (knocking...) or is it better to install the coilovers with these washers/spacers to avoid such problems ?
Does anyone have photos of this ? Simo maybe ?

Stupid question - If there is the problem with the knocking and I have to install it again with the spacers then Ive also to go again to setting up/positioning the suspension ? So twice of the costs again :jumpon: or