Flacsi's Racing Red 197

Nice one rich! Now, where can we get these babies from then?

R Sport I guess, if you just want the calipers though then they are (7711162466) & (7711162467). Would advise the bracket to fix to the rear beam and provide a radial mount for the calipers too (2x 7711162470). Also rear discs as they are 274x11 (2x 7711160603).

From the looks of the diagrams (Cup Racer, Access, Maxi) the bracket will fit the standard rear beam fine as the shims used across all 3 are the same - this means the bolt spacing on the bracket will line up and mount fine.
The issue maybe needing the stub axles (7711160614 & 7711160615), but theres so many shared items across all 3 I would be seriously tempted to order 1 bracket, 1 caliper and 1 disc. It wouldn't take you more than a couple of hours to try a side :wink: and other than needing to fab a couple of new brake hoses either side I think it'll work (probably!!!).

Have you got the Maxi and Cup Racer parts lists?

R Sport I guess, if you just want the calipers though then they are (7711162466) & (7711162467). Would advise the bracket to fix to the rear beam and provide a radial mount for the calipers too (2x 7711162470). Also rear discs as they are 274x11 (2x 7711160603).

From the looks of the diagrams (Cup Racer, Access, Maxi) the bracket will fit the standard rear beam fine as the shims used across all 3 are the same - this means the bolt spacing on the bracket will line up and mount fine.
The issue maybe needing the stub axles (7711160614 & 7711160615), but theres so many shared items across all 3 I would be seriously tempted to order 1 bracket, 1 caliper and 1 disc. It wouldn't take you more than a couple of hours to try a side :wink: and other than needing to fab a couple of new brake hoses either side I think it'll work (probably!!!).

I have the complete documentation, called :Homologation form in accordance with appendix J of the international sporting code"
This documents basically contains, what modification are allowed to build a R2B/R2C, R3, R3C from a stock car.
It contains every parts, pictures, sizes, weights etc, fantastic document but its 60 MB.

I am more than happy to share it with you guys, as we can learn from it for sure!

Nice, sounds interesting. Please share :smile:

I've also got the Maxi Evo engine build manual if you haven't got that?

So it's done! Wondering when you would have to change the clutch release bearing, you would go for the genuine Renault part for 140 quid or for the Valeo one for 68 gbp? I went for the genuine Renault btw

16826160769_cffcea5848_k.jpgQuaife mounted by Fl@csi, on Flickr

ive never seen it look like that though? is it an upgraded version or a race version? ive only ever seen the black rubber type

So here is one of my lap @ Slovakiaring:

[video=youtube;LmFnDrQefVs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmFnDrQefVs[/video]

Last edited:

Just seen this mate.

Well that's a no no then if I have to change the discs as well (smaller than the road car? strange), mine are two piece and I wouldn't change them for the world lol!

Thanks for the info though mate, very helpful indeed. I found some 2 pot AP calipers but they were for <300mm disc as well, can't seem to find a caliper to be compatible with the existing setup..

Tamas the exhaust looks awesome mate. When are you having a blast with the new diff? Also good to see that Renault decided to upgrade the lower mount, hopefully this is not made of cheese!

The next trackday is at the 11th of April at Hungaroring! Can't wait to see the quaife at work! Will keep you guys posted, for sure!