Follow The Leader

On my route home this evening I thought I'd take the long way round on the back roads to open the car up and throw her around a little bit :wink: as the road was pretty much clear

Was pushing it hard tearing up the tarmac and passed two bikers that had pulled up in a lay by, I noticed they both had a head spin as I roared passed

Within 2 minutes of passing them I noticed two sets of headlights right up my ass in the rear view. Game on :smile:

I Flashed my hazards to acknowledge them which was met with a flash of their headlights, time to play, was pushing hard as it was but now with two obviously keen motorcycle riders behind me it was time to really push the motor and see what she's made of

As I said before the round was empty and has every kind of sharp sweeping corner you can imagine, happens to be in my back yard so I know the road really well, I like to think I gave them a good run for their money as I pulled away from them coming out of some corners and seemed to out brake them going in (only because I'm familiar with the road and they clearly weren't and were holding back, safety first kids) odds are they could have passed me if/when they wanted to but seemed to be enjoying the chase

After the road ran its course I gave them both the "jambo" hand signal (13 hours, epic film by the way!!) to receive two seemingly satisfied head nods :smile:

All in all it was great fun (hopefully they had a blast to) and the car performed faultlessly, what a machine!! really do love my little motor even tho some times it's a real pain in the ass with maintenance and French ingenuity lol :wink:

Some bikers can go fast in a straight line but are sh!t in the corners. I know the Clio is great in the bends so for a bike to keep up they were doing good, in a straight a 600 or above will easily pass you. All about confidence mate. It's good to get a wee blast with bikes though and get an acknowledgement.

Reactions: SeanTheSheep
Slightly off topic but thought I'd share.

Was out early the other week in my Clio and got stopped at some temporary lights. Up steamed 7 bikers done out in leathers and surrounded my car (in front and both sides!!). One bloke give me a w**nker sign whilst the others clearly were taking the piss. They then all proceeded to do burnouts before lights changed and they hit warp speed and f**ked off down the road:grinning:

I'd not encountered them previously and I'm assuming they're not the same people you bumped into on your fun hoon!

Lowered my opinion of bikers somewhat:wink:

Good to know they're not all twunts...

Pardon my French, but: What a collection of cock-suckers ^^^^ @Big Ben.

The only defence i can give [As a biker myself] is they were all probably wankers before they hopped on their bikes. And continue to be afterwards.

The fact they were on a bike at the time is neither here nor there per-se.

Pardon my French, but: What a collection of cock-suckers ^^^^ @Big Ben.

The only defence i can give [As a biker myself} is they were all probably wankers before they hopped on their bikes. And continue to be afterwards.

The fact they were on a bike at the time is neither here nor there per-se.
Definitely w**kers bikes or not:grinning:

Funny I had a wee run yesterday, MVP passed me at about 50 in a 30, dickhead, then as I sat at 30 to the national speed lit a fookin merc taxi up my hole, came out of the single lane traffic as we hit the national speed limit onto double lane and the twat in front of me sees I want to overtake so sits at 50 in the outer lane!

Keeps looking at me in his rear view as if I'm doing something wrong looking to pass as he is holding everyone up at 50 so I'm ashamed to say I undertook him as did the angry bird in the taxi, he looked well pissed off at me for some reason, not really a lot I could do up to that point about my progress!

Just to explain, I'm about to go through 8 roundabouts in the space of 4 miles with sweeping bends and a couple of straights between them all linked by twin lanes!

So I think, far be it from me to hinder you progress anymore my little taxi friend, so as there was nothing in front of me in the inner lane I decide to stay there and let the taxi overtake me in the outside lane which was now free of traffic as well, so I gunns it! Honestly drove that wee car harder than I'd ever done before! I loooooovvvveeee this car, it's honestly epic, I'm sooo keeping it now :smile:

How I laughed to watch the taxi try to keep up only to slope into the inside lane after he realised he had made a dick of himself, lol, let him think he could keep up a bit as he was obviously trying to do then I pushed on abit harder and then he gave up!

Ohh, ad passed that MVP that was in such a hurry in the 30s too! :smile:

My wheels are so covered in brake dust! These cars are just something else!

Always nice to see fellow enthusiasts on the roads, whether on two or four wheels! Saw the downside of it though yesterday. I was coming down the A65 out in the Dales and had a pair of bikers behind me - it was slowing from NSL to a 30, then a sharp right turn as you entered a village. Only steady progress though as it was quite busy. The second of the two bikers lost the front end and went down on the bend - I saw this in my mirrors, but the first biker didn't and carried on. I spun round and went back to see if the lad was alright. He was fine, but a bruised ego, a damaged bike and scuffed leathers. Not nice to see and makes you see the potential for accidents, even at low speeds.

And @Cossers , nothing to be ashamed of undertaking on a dual carriageway: perfectly legal, provided you aren't breaking the speed limit. You can use either lane at any time - there is no overtaking/fast lane, so to speak :wink:

And @Cossers , nothing to be ashamed of undertaking on a dual carriageway: perfectly legal, provided you aren't breaking the speed limit. You can use either lane at any time - there is no overtaking/fast lane, so to speak :wink:

Actually I think it us illegal. If you do it you need to be careful. I was on the pillion of my own bike years ago when my mate who was driving got fwd up with a bus sitting at 50mph in the outside lane & undertook it. As he did the bus moved over. The road was wet & the front wheel locked up & we went down. By this time we were doing 80mph & we were lucky to get away lightly. My mate was trapped under the bike but unscathed. I jumped & had light friction burns on my arm. This was 1000 miles from the UK in Bulgaria of all places.

Reactions: Jimmy
Slightly off topic but thought I'd share.

Was out early the other week in my Clio and got stopped at some temporary lights. Up steamed 7 bikers done out in leathers and surrounded my car (in front and both sides!!). One bloke give me a w**nker sign whilst the others clearly were taking the piss. They then all proceeded to do burnouts before lights changed and they hit warp speed and f**ked off down the road:grinning:

I'd not encountered them previously and I'm assuming they're not the same people you bumped into on your fun hoon!

Lowered my opinion of bikers somewhat:wink:

Good to know they're not all twunts...
These guys just sound like a$$holes mate. Us bikers are not all the same.

Actually I think it us illegal. If you do it you need to be careful. I was on the pillion of my own bike years ago when my mate who was driving got fwd up with a bus sitting at 50mph in the outside lane & undertook it. As he did the bus moved over. The road was wet & the front wheel locked up & we went down. By this time we were doing 80mph & we were lucky to get away lightly. My mate was trapped under the bike but unscathed. I jumped & had light friction burns on my arm. This was 1000 miles from the UK in Bulgaria of all places.

You can pass on the left to go past traffic moving slower than the speed limit in the right hand lane, however yeah if you're changing lanes to specifically pass that one vehicle (and therefore weaving between lanes), then it could be seen as illegal - and risky as you say, Johnny.

Nice to see you decent experience with bikers.

Mine was somewhat lowered of bikers recently, not because of there road actions but off road actions. Me and gf down at Southwold on a sunny weekend, loads of kids and couples around and a group of bikers pulled up at the side and a couple of them preceded to walk up to sea and take a piss infront of everyone, the rest of them calling out and laughing.

Some example to be setting.

Nice to see you decent experience with bikers.

Mine was somewhat lowered of bikers recently, not because of there road actions but off road actions. Me and gf down at Southwold on a sunny weekend, loads of kids and couples around and a group of bikers pulled up at the side and a couple of them preceded to walk up to sea and take a piss infront of everyone, the rest of them calling out and laughing.

Some example to be setting.
Again not just a 'biker' thing. Some people get brought up other people get dragged up. I'm a biker with a family and with respect for other people. Please don't tar the lot of us with the same brush.

Again not just a 'biker' thing. Some people get brought up other people get dragged up. I'm a biker with a family and with respect for other people. Please don't tar the lot of us with the same brush.

No im not mate! Let's just say it was a particuarlly genre of biker, very black leather clad but I didn't want to stereotype one group...

Sounds like a prick weather he has a bike under him or not!!!

as LOCKE previously said some biker are pricks before getting on the bike!!!!

Reactions: LOCKE
Its a funny one this, yesterday driving the back route home in the Clio its a mix of 50, 40,30 through villages - Im of the opinion you drive to the speed limit ie no 50 in a 30 seems really obvious to me, had a mk 3 astra behind me trying to overtake on bends really pushing his luck I was going 50 in a 50 - got to village goes down to 30 so were pootling along 30 he floors it passed me doing at least 60 - what a tosser, small village you have no idea whats coming, people on horses, tractor, kids crossing his makes me so angry also today same road got over taken by a complete w4mker in an audi tt overtook car behind me and me on a not so straight road appreciate it was very early and quiet he came very close pulling in front of me amazed he didnt hit me this was in a 40 and he was gone never saw him after that.

It's all about the person in the driver seat be it on two wheels or four some people are just fucking idiots, period!! with no respect or care for others on the road.
Karma's a bitch and usually comes around sooner or later

Reactions: LOCKE
Its a funny one this, yesterday driving the back route home in the Clio its a mix of 50, 40,30 through villages - Im of the opinion you drive to the speed limit ie no 50 in a 30 seems really obvious to me, had a mk 3 astra behind me trying to overtake on bends really pushing his luck I was going 50 in a 50 - got to village goes down to 30 so were pootling along 30 he floors it passed me doing at least 60 - what a tosser, small village you have no idea whats coming, people on horses, tractor, kids crossing his makes me so angry also today same road got over taken by a complete w4mker in an audi tt overtook car behind me and me on a not so straight road appreciate it was very early and quiet he came very close pulling in front of me amazed he didnt hit me this was in a 40 and he was gone never saw him after that.
Thats just stupid plain and simple, a work mate of mine was killed in a car crash similar sort of circumstances, driving along at the speed limit going about his business and some asshole decided to overtake a lorry approaching a blind corner through a 40!
Poor kid had no chance, head on with a merc 4x4 in his fiesta he was 22 and had his life taken from him because of some fucking idiots reckless actions

E
Thats just stupid plain and simple, a work mate of mine was killed in a car crash similar sort of circumstances, driving along at the speed limit going about his business and some asshole decided to overtake a lorry approaching a blind corner through a 40!
Poor kid had no chance, head on with a merc 4x4 in his fiesta he was 22 and had his life taken from him because of some fucking idiots reckless actions
Exactly Im not sure what it even achieves I eventually caught up with him as he was stuck behind a lorry, if i was driving 20 in a 40 fair enough, but i was driving bang on the limit plus I know that that time of day they often have the speed check people so im even more mindful!