FootRest

Gromb200

THE TOFFEE
Platinum Member
Right, tried to fit a footrest this morning, and was a little confused! :huh:

Who has put a footrest in and how did you do it?

I drilled 4 holes for the rivets, put the fist one in, popped it with the gun and it was as flimsy as f**k!! Didm't hold it at all.
Look at some other threads on it and I got the impression that some people have just riveted it to the carpet?????? WTF

Si has done his as he offered to do mine.

I am sure someone will be along with some words of wisdom Maz! :wink:

I have a plan now anyway, thought this would be a simple job! Just have 4 holes in my carpet now! :thumbdown:

I have Jase's old one, he riveted it in, but also put velcro on the back, I chopped the backs off the rivets, so the tops remain in place, and it is just fitted to mine with velcro, seems quite secure though.

I poked some small holes in the carpet using a screwdriver, then riveted it to the carpet. Works fine and is much easier to do. As long as you don't vigerously pull it (and why would anyone?) lol, it should be ok.

I poked some small holes in the carpet using a screwdriver, then riveted it to the carpet. Works fine and is much easier to do. As long as you don't vigerously pull it (and why would anyone?) lol, it should be ok.

that about sums up what to do :thumbsup:

Cheers peeps, it just didn't feel that secure. I am now going to make a backing plate at work and fix that to it with the the carpet sandwiched inbetween, and see how that is.

Seriously, you won't need it.

I am not going to rivet it to the backing plate, bolt it at first and see how it looks, if ok then leave it, if not then I will do it the way everyone else has Arran.
I am a bit of a perfectionist! :wink:

This is how I did mine too

Ok mate, obviously your decision. Tbh, I didn't think riveting it to the carpet was a good idea, but anything else would have been a ball ache. But if you have access to the materials and then if you could fix it better, then that might be a better route to go down.

I think even getting the backing plate in the right place behind the carpet will be difficult enough. It didn't look that easy to pull the carpet forward to give enough space to get your hand in there

Similar Thread Suggestions