FRONT BUMPER REMOVAL AND REFIT

Guys can I remove and refit front bumper on my '06 197 on my own? First time doing this need to fit drivers side bulb retaining spring properly and get bumper to fit back nicely butting up to wings where it keeps popping out

Yes have a look in the how to section there is a guide to follow which makes it very simple to do.

Guys can I remove and refit front bumper on my '06 197 on my own? First time doing this need to fit drivers side bulb retaining spring properly and get bumper to fit back nicely butting up to wings where it keeps popping out
Looking to take mine off so let me know how you get on, my biggest fear is scratching the paint.

On another note is that your bike in your avatar? SC Project Exhausts are top notch.

Yeah 14 plate Ducati multistrada straight thru sc project custom map and quickshifter 175 bhp it’s sweet

Reactions: LOCKE
Yeah 14 plate Ducati multistrada straight thru sc project custom map and quickshifter 175 bhp it’s sweet
Bet that sounds great! Best of both worlds then, speed and comfort! My mate has a 899 Panigale and a 1200 Monster for whatever mood he's in, I have a 09 R1 with a few mods, Akrapovic, PCV, Gilles etc.

Did you gave a go at removing your bumper?

I took my bumper off for the first time last weekend and have to say that it was very very simple.

Starting from the top you have two screw bolts either side of the bonnet catch, They come off and then there is plastic poppers at each side above the headlights.

Next was 2 bolts at the front of the wheel are where the bumper meets the wing, There is a couple of ways you can undo them but if you want to do it quickly with some force just push the wheel arch liner back and get a a socket on it.

Next there is something like 4 bolts (I cant recall) that is under the bumper that are holds the bumper under tray top the subframe / Radiator support. Undo them and then you are ready to pull the bumper off.

Like I say it took me longer to jack the car up, put Axel stands under it and get the tools out than it did to get it off.

I personally cover all the bolts and screws in a small blob of standard multi purpose grease on each one before is screwed them all back in .

I took my bumper off for the first time last weekend and have to say that it was very very simple.

Starting from the top you have two screw bolts either side of the bonnet catch, They come off and then there is plastic poppers at each side above the headlights.

Next was 2 bolts at the front of the wheel are where the bumper meets the wing, There is a couple of ways you can undo them but if you want to do it quickly with some force just push the wheel arch liner back and get a a socket on it.

Next there is something like 4 bolts (I cant recall) that is under the bumper that are holds the bumper under tray top the subframe / Radiator support. Undo them and then you are ready to pull the bumper off.

Like I say it took me longer to jack the car up, put Axel stands under it and get the tools out than it did to get it off.

I personally cover all the bolts and screws in a small blob of standard multi purpose grease on each one before is screwed them all back in .
Cheers mate.

Is there any way you could scratch the bodywork say at the wings? As we both have LY you will know where I'm coming from. I want to change bulbs and the time and hassle it took me to change a bulb without removing the bumper surely it must be quicker just to remove the damn thing lol.

That is interesting, because bulb change is quite easy in clio 197/200. I have saw much difficult bulbs.
There is good guide which parts you have to remove to gain access for bulbs. Easy job.
Okay, i have small hands.

That is interesting, because bulb change is quite easy in clio 197/200. I have saw much difficult bulbs.
There is good guide which parts you have to remove to gain access for bulbs. Easy job.
Okay, i have small hands.
I have size XL hands and where all cut after attempting a bulb change. Nightmare.

I had to take wheel off and arch liner to put retaining spring on bulb on passenger side that doesn’t work on driver side because of of washer bottle being in the way.i don’t know how anyone can put one of those springs on with one hand and not seeing what your doing I tried for hours!!

Cheers mate.

Is there any way you could scratch the bodywork say at the wings? As we both have LY you will know where I'm coming from. I want to change bulbs and the time and hassle it took me to change a bulb without removing the bumper surely it must be quicker just to remove the damn thing lol.

If you are doing it with your eyes shut and using your feet like most things there is always space for something to go wrong.
As I say its a 10/15 min job if that once the car is jacked up and on Axel stands.

Once you have done it its simple, For the first time just go with a little more caution.