Front fog light glass smashed. Replace entire unit?

All the Clio fog lights should be the same across a few models I personally would make sure it's a branded fog light Valeo etc. don't go by price alone the strength of the glass might not be as stong or look the same.

Ended up getting the £17 one as I just needed something relatively cheap.

Looks like the 'branded' glass that came with the car wasnt enough to sustain a good stone hit anyway so why pay more.

Will be fitting tonight so we'll see how that goes.

Its a fairly easy job to fit Barney, just means taking the bumper off. Once its off its just two torx screw which hold it onto a plastic frame mounted on the bumper.

I heard you can get to it from taking the wheel arch liner off?

While I'm at it I'm going to swap the bulbs to some LED ones...

I heard you can get to it from taking the wheel arch liner off?

While I'm at it I'm going to swap the bulbs to some LED ones...

Ill be honest, I have never trie but no reason you couldnt, just a bit fiddly. By the time you have turned the wheels and pulled the arch liner plug all you have left to take the bumper off is 1 x 10mm bolt in each arch liner, 4 x torx bolts and 2 x 10mm bolts underneath, the two 10mm bolts on top and the funny plastic plugs over each headlight. Trying to get an arm through the gap in the arch liner for me and blindly trying to find the bolts that hold in the foglight seems more hassle than taking the bumper off. However, each to their own.

Would be interested to see what you think of LED bulbs too, if I reinstall mine Id like them to match up colour wise with the sidelights and xenons.

So did the swap yesterday.

Relatively easy job if you know what you are doing.

You technically can get to the foglight unit through the wheel arch but on the drivers side the washer fluid reservoir makes it really difficult to get to one of the screws so ended up taking the bumper off.

Could probably get away with just taking the arch liner off if you are just changing bulbs.

I got halfords own LED h11 foglight bulbs. Advertised at 6000k and they are almost a perfect match in colour to my xenons.

Reactions: Doogle