front pad removal?

Just gone to change my front pads, got the pins out but the pads wouldn't cone loose. the pistons seem to still be holding them in place, whats the best way to get them out? Im guessing it'll involve releasing the brake fluid? I'm happy to tackle most things but I've never changed brakes before so its a steep learning curve...

the pads usually seize in the calipers.....

you need to move them slightly side-to-side to free the corrosion - you can also tap them backwards and forwards to get them moving

How about the pistons? Just concerned I'll get them out and yhrn not back in? I was planning on putting in new pads which'll be thicker than the ones im taking out ?

easy peazy mate. knock out the pins (if you can) take out old pads, lol take the brake fluid filler cap of push pistons back in to the caliper. copper slip the pads and reinsert them into the caliper. knock pins back in (i grease these too) put ure filler cap back on and pump the brake pedal. take for a test drive and bed them in slowly

I use a large screwdriver to move pistons

How about the pistons? Just concerned I'll get them out and yhrn not back in? I was planning on putting in new pads which'll be thicker than the ones im taking out ?

you can use the old pads to push the pistons back as long as the pads are free in the caliper - just use a big screw driver between pad and disc and lever the pad away from the disc - this then pushes the pistons back - not done a pad change and had a stuck piston yet on the brembos....and i have done a few!

I found it easiest to loosen the two bolts holding the caliper onto the hub. My discs had a tiny lip (Fraction of a mm) and the pads were getting caught up on this, loosened the calipers and they slid straight out

Nice one, I'll take the top off the fluid reservoir and have another pop. Just didn't want to go beating at them if there was a more gentle approach lol.

Oh and if all else fails I'll just take the whole caliper off and take them out that way!