Full fat Clio

Hello,

I've seen on some for sale posts that some users refer to their Clio as a 'full fat Cup'. I noticed a white one for sale this morning on Ebay which does look a tad different to some of the other Clio 197's and 200's, bit chunkier with a nice stance.

Do the Cup models come with different bodyword i.e Bumpers, splitter, side skirts etc?

The yellow one on here looks chunkier as well or is just me? Second picture down.

http://www.clio197.net/threads/the-definitive-what-wheels-thread.30946/

Thanks,

Marc

What is the spec listed? I think some views differ on the term Full Fat.

Full Fat = Aircon and all the bells and whistles.

To others, full Fat would be like my spec, no aircon, manual mirrors, (Lighter). [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree, the photos aren't fantastic. What about the Liquid yellow one with the white wheels on the link above. Is that a chunkier model?

Agree, the photos aren't fantastic. What about the Liquid yellow one with the white wheels on the link above. Is that a chunkier model?

Hi buddy.

Its nothing to do with being a 'chunkier' model in terms of Cup, Non-Cup, full-fat etc....

The reason some look different to others i would suggest is because of them having either lowering springs or coilovers fitted; and possibly having spacers fitted to widen the track too. All designed to give a fatter, wider and more squad look....depending on how far you want to go of course. 'Chunky' as you'd say !

The Yellow one definitely looks lowered. I would suggest its got spacers on too looking at the pics.

Hi buddy.

Its nothing to do with being a 'chunkier' model in terms of Cup, Non-Cup, full-fat etc....

The reason some look different to others i would suggest is because of them having either lowering springs or coilovers fitted; and possibly having spacers fitted to widen the track too.

The Yellow one definitely looks lowered. I would suggest its got spacers on too looking at the pics.
I had a feeling this was the case, so people are basically making the car look wider than it actually is. The yellow one looks lovely, definitely slammed but because they're quite a fat car anyway it looks even more aggressive.

I had a feeling this was the case, so people are basically making the car look wider than it actually is. The yellow one looks lovely, definitely slammed but because they're quite a fat car anyway it looks even more aggressive.

Yea....in this link of yous:

http://www.clio197.net/threads/the-definitive-what-wheels-thread.30946/

....look at the silver 197 that's 5 or 6 pictures below the LY one and titled "197 wheels'.

Looks like its on stilts compared to the LY one. You get the impression its narrower too - even from one photo and angle.

And the arch gap says alot too. Compare the two cars...... :smile:

How far you go on lowering and how far you go on widening is up to the individual. From mild in terms of both (me - and can be seen in the link in my signature)) - to relatively 'wild' [Large drop and 25mm spacers] as many choose to do !!

Reactions: Crazylegs
No such thing as a 'full fat'. Basically, the easiest way to tell a 'real' cup from a non-cup with a cup chassis is a real cup will have an ignition key and a non-cup will have a key card and push button start. The confusion arises as there are so many different combinations of spec.

Reactions: Crazylegs
No such thing as a 'full fat'. Basically, the easiest way to tell a 'real' cup from an non-cup with a cup chassis is a real cup will have an ignition key and a non-cup will have a key card and push button start. The confusion arises as there are so many different combinations of spec.
Is that right Sean?
Cup models have to turn a key?
No push button start??

Never knew