Gear crunchy 2nd to 3rd around 3000rpm+

Bought the rs200 2009 last week from Renault approved in Watford.
They said I got 3 months Warranty.
He said he had 2 of the technical guys went out and said it's normal and couldn't find a issue... The sales guy said it drives like a dream and these gearbox are like this on these cars...
What do I do it's only the 3rd gear... Went down to ktec without the car and he showed me the synchros and the inner part and said he done around 5 this month already...
Can I go to a other approved dealer? What shall I do?

you take the techs out and show them its crunching! them tell them to get it fixed

Bought the rs200 2009 last week from Renault approved in Watford.
They said I got 3 months Warranty.
He said he had 2 of the technical guys went out and said it's normal and couldn't find a issue... The sales guy said it drives like a dream and these gearbox are like this on these cars...
What do I do it's only the 3rd gear... Went down to ktec without the car and he showed me the synchros and the inner part and said he done around 5 this month already...
Can I go to a other approved dealer? What shall I do?
renault
dealers are pants, keep on and on and on. Renault U.K. Are worse!

Renault Watford are rubbish.
I got a new car off them which they heavily damaged and then proceeded to hand over to me and blame me for the damage.

Take the car back and reject it.

they should fix it within the 3 months warranty..and its not normal if your gearbox crunch..
Well its a trademark of these cars but sooner or later the box will go boom...

Is it a White Clio 200, Reg starting AU09?

Just seen the photo in the new member section - that's my old car.

I never had any issues with 2nd-3rd gear changes.

It had the dreaded 4th gear crunch a few years ago, and I had the gearbox re-built with a new clutch and slave cylinder fitted.

I miss that car :-(

Last edited:
Is it a White Clio 200, Reg starting AU09?

Just seen the photo in the new member section - that's my old car.

I never had any issues with 2nd-3rd gear changes.

It had the dreaded 4th gear crunch a few years ago, and I had the gearbox re-built with a new clutch and slave cylinder fitted.

I miss that car :-(

Just seen your post, few issues with it, break pads were seized, had to flush all break and clutch fluid it was orange brown only does 25mpg. I think the thermostat is faulty. Apart from that very clean car... How long did you have it, as there are 3 owners now?

I had the car since September 2010.

The rear brakes only started to make a noise indicating there was an issue as I went to test drive the Trophy. They need an annual clean, otherwise they are known to seize.

The brake fluid was changed by Renault when it had the 6yr major service (Cam belt, water pump, coolant, spark plugs) which was done in April 2015, so it should have been OK.

I averaged 33-34mpg over the 50k I had the car. My journey to work was about 35 miles round trip, and I rarely used the car for short trips where it wouldn't fully warm up. I always ran it on V-Power.

Fantastic, I'm glad it been looked after its very clean. inside still looks like new, I'm in hemel so you might see it if your still local. I confirmed it's a thermostat issue, so that's getting changed this weekend, waiting back on Renault about the gearbox.